on 13 May 2017
Absolutely loved it - sublime
on 29 April 2013
It's hard to overstate how good this soundtrack is. Haunting and sad, it perfectly captures the emotions of the show, long after the broadcast is finished.
on 22 December 2013
[...] Less is more. That is the key lessons one can learn from this score. With so many scores overindulging in self-importance, it is refreshing to hear something that dares stay down to earth. Now I could include some psychobabble about how the music seems to represent the timeless sea, by which the town of Broadchurch is set; or how only the bleak Icelandic landscape could inspire a composer to write this type of music, but I won't (...ah!). The simple truth is this: in all its simplicity and minimalism (at the risk of using both terms incorrectly) this is the most heart-wrenchingly beautiful, haunting and poignant music I have heard in a very, very long time. For all its melancholy, it is `pretty' enough to revisit time and time again. Fans of Arnalds will already know this. Anyone else... I suspect they will soon become familiar with his work.[...]

Read the full review at [...]
on 27 May 2013
I had never heard of Olafur Arnalds before Broadchurch, but I am now a fan. Loved the music from the series and googled till I found some info on him. Had to wait till the end of the series nearly before they made this available as a download though.
on 13 December 2013
There is wonderful music here. For me the best track by miles is "Broken" which reminds me of some of the very stirring post-classical compositions by Max Richter and Philip Sheppard, and to some extent Nils Frahm (with whom Olafur Arnalrds has also worked). Beautiful , haunting, rich string chords. Like a warm, musical embrace. I would not hesitate to buy an album composed in the style of "Broken".
on 23 April 2013
Olafur Arnalds is the breath of fresh air that TV soundtrack/score need!

the music here is fantastic and recreates the tension that was ever present in the show.

Olafur does come across to these ears as the new Clint Mansell... which is never a bad thing!

if you love the series - buy the soundtrack - although I would prefer a physical CD and more songs.
on 15 April 2013
Brilliant show and music. The best music to sleep to and keep calm and the best show to watch. Enjoy!!!
on 6 June 2013
I love the music, very haunting , the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I had to buy a download rather than a cd which I really wanted. I think maybe this medium is the the only way that you can get it - for now at least. The 4 stars is because of this - it took me a few days to download and be able to listen to my new music as I didn't have the right media/formatting on my very old pc to play it - no doubt easy when you know how, v frustrating if you don't.
on 24 April 2013
Evocative, emotional, haunting music, superbly fitting the tv programme, but easily able to stand alone as an experience. Listen, think, then download.
on 23 April 2013
I absolutely love this music. It is haunting, evocative, wonderful and it provides the perfect theme for this fabulous series