on 11 June 2013
What you get here is a collection of the first 4 issues of the My Little Pony comic book series. This covers an entire story arch, with the villain Chrysalis as the antagonist. Not only that, it comes with 2 extra mini-comics; what Spike did during the ponies adventure and Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie. And if that wasn't enough, you also get a art gallery of covers, more than a dozen of them, each a page big.
The comic is funny, interesting and mature enough to be read by an adult. It's full of not only show references, but brony ones as well, yet it carries it's story without compromising the comedy or plot. Not to mention, every panel is beautifully designed, with most having unbelievable detail in both the characters and the background.
Of course, this collection has no ads or break between chapters, so the pages flow.

Not only for what it is, a My Little Pony comic, but even as just a comic, this is a great book to own for it's comedy, art and interesting plot that builds on it's source.
on 27 February 2015
As my daughter has reached the age where reading is more of a pleasure than a chore,this seemed like a good introduction into the world of comic books and graphic novels and it seems like i made the right choice as shes spending more time reading this and others like it,than asking me to read her a story.
on 13 August 2014
I've hesitated on buying the comic series before now, I mean I'm a Brony but i'm not THAT bad .
Well i was well wrong in that, this is one of the best little comics I've read in a while. Its genuinely funny and tense in the right points, the art is great and distinct in relation to the show without it being jarringly different.
If you like MLP, buy this series, you'll love it!
on 2 September 2013
I tend not to buy individual comics, prefering to wait for Trade Paper Back versions such as this one.

The binding is excellent, the quality of the pages is very good as well, the volume will hold together nicely over time.

It contains the first four issues (the Queen Chrysalis arc) then a small sample gallery of the cover variants at the back. But they are chosen at random and represent less than half of all the individual covers, so for serious collectors, the single issues are still the only way to get 100% of the art.

Even so, the TPB is very well made, presented and printed. Recommended for those who want to wait and buy the whole arc in one go.
on 1 May 2014
This is one of the best comics I've ever read. It has an awesome story line and is suitable for bronies, pegasisters and anyone else who would like to read it. I personally think this is 20% cooler than any other comic! (Rainbow Dash reference)
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
on 28 May 2013
This was a slimmer volume than I expected (hence 4 not 5 stars) because as a being smaller it is not as good value as I was expecting, and the length of time it maundered in pre-order time indicated it might be longer.

However there is a lot to like about this volume, it has a good quality heavy paper cover, with an excellent binding, the interior comic layout considers the binding so avoiding illegibility along the spine, which often plagues this type of publication.

Lots of nice touches like the patterned print on the inside of the cover, and generally good quality print, with some nice concept art style pages at the end as well.

It being a volume compiled of 3 (i think three but i could be wrong) parts/single comics I was hoping to see the individual comic covers in there, but this was not to be, I guess you need a reason to buy individual comics after all!

Finally, the art style is to be frank, perfect - I would not change it, and the story inside is great as well, customary tips of the hat and pop culture references that adults will love whilst the kids enjoy the adventure.
on 30 July 2013
Drawing amazing,I got my nose stuck so deep I couldn't stop reading it to be honest what is wrong with my little pony?well duh it teaches you about friendship.I do believe friendship is magic!
on 2 July 2013
This book is a perfect example how to do a comic about a popular show. This wasn't made for the little girls who watch the show but for the most grown up ones. The story is excellent (in MLP standards), the art is gorgeous and it's full of fan service and references of old TV shows and movies... I hope that Cook and Price continue with this series, they make a hell of a team.
on 4 August 2014
I really enjoyed this, it has kept me busy whenever I get some spare time.
This comic book contains 3 stories, The return of Queen Chrysalis (featuring the mane six and our favorite antagonist), How much is that pony in the window (featuring Pinkie Pie and Rarity), and In the interim... (featuring Spike and Princess Celestia)
I recommend it to any Brony or Pony fan alike.
on 29 June 2013
This is a marvellous comic book, well illustrated, great story arc, and at least 20% cooler than any other book on my kindle. As a loyal brony i would highly recommend this comic book to anyone (male or female) of any age. Have fun :)