on 30 December 2015
Several issues mentioned by another reviewer seem to have been corrected. The last line of Marvell is present in my copy and the two examples given from the Burn's poem have been altered, though the rest is still in English 'translation'.

I can also locate poets, and sometimes individual poems, by using the 'Go to' feature on the Kindle, so am able to dip in and out of the book.

Overall the book is a good selection of old favourites with a smattering of authors I have not read before ( though this may be a comment on the quality of my education rather than the quality of the selection). However, I would like to see a more even spread - some poets are given a lot more room than others. This is good if your favourites are the ones given extra coverage, but this wasn't the case for me. As an example - Edward Thomas wrote more than 'Adelstrop' and a little Herrick goes a long way.

In summary - a good, if uneven, selection from a variety of favourites with a few less usual pieces thrown in.

Happy to have it as a cheap book on Kindle but if I was being asked for more money I would probably buy something that fitted my taste more closely.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2014
This is the first time I have bought a poetry book for the kindle as I wasn't sure I would be able to dip into it to read various parts easily. However, it is very easy to go to the contents menu if you want to choose individual poems or select different poets.
I am very happy with this book. It has a very good selection of popular poems, and I would recommend it to any poetry lover. Great for browsing through in waiting rooms!
4 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2014
So many poems in this selection were worth the 0.99 on their own. I found many poems that I only half knew so it was fun discovering them again. I thought the choice of cover was inspired.
5 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2016
Nothing modern here but, a magnificent price to pay for what is, in effect, an introduction to some of the best poetry ever written.
on 10 March 2018
Excellent thank you very much
on 21 May 2014
This is the sort of book you come back to time and time again, not all of the poems are my favourite ones but I have found ones that I have never come across before. If you like poetry this is a book for you.
One person found this helpful
on 17 September 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 5 October 2014
As I like poetry I enjoyed this collection. Obviously not all of the poems were to my liking but there were enough to please me.
on 8 October 2014
I think that this is a good collection of my favourite poems, I am really enjoying getting to grips with old friends.
on 29 September 2015
downladed straight away and some great poem