Learn more Download now Shop now Pre-order now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 22 October 2017
I purchased this book from Amazon and I have had it on my TBR list for quite a while. The third book in the series is out this week so I thought it was time I got myself all caught up.

The first thing I have to say about Tracy’s writing is that it is so funny. I loved the Gloria scene. I won’t say anything else about it but it was very funny. Daniel was also very funny and one of my favourite characters in this book.

This book follows Katy in the last month or so of her pregnancy. Around 8 months earlier Katy slept with her high school sweetheart, Matthew. She also slept with her sort of boyfriend, Ben. Katy has had trust issues ever since the circumstances of her and Matthew’s break up at about 18. Katy has kept men at arms length ever since.

I have to say that I didn’t particularly like Matthew. In fact after reading all 3 books I still don’t like him. I think he is a bit selfish really. At first I also didn’t like his wife Alison but I warmed to her more in book two.

I really liked Ben and I felt a bit sorry for him at times. He is clearly a really good guy, yes he is a bit younger than Katie, Matthew and Alison but what he lacked in maturity he made up for in loyalty.

I thought this was a light-hearted read with some really funny parts. It was easy to relate to, you could easily imagine knowing someone in Katy’s situation. I really enjoyed reading this and read it very quickly too. As soon as I finished I started the next book in the series.
on 15 June 2013
Wow! What an unexpected gem! I downloaded this book after hearing some good things about it on twitter. I love the title, I think it's definitely something to get head turning in a bookshop or online, straight and to the point, so that, initially, was what attracted me to the book. But when I started reading I actually found it to be a real page turner! Right from the word go, we find out that our heroine Katy isn't exactly happy to be pregnant, and underneath it all, she isn't really looking forward to the prospect of motherhood, and the changes it will bring...

But the book is about so much more than that. We get to travel back in time to when Katy met Ben, back to school where she met Matthew, and where Matthew met his wife Alison. What follows is a twisted romp of a novel involving all four of them in ways you would never expect! It's so well written because I really felt like I was there with the characters, in the antenatal classes, at disaster out weddings and even on the labour ward! I also like that fact that it was set mainly in Leeds, I like a northern novel-but them I'm entirely biased!

Katy was a fabulous character. A really strong female. And yet, as I said, she seems almost in denial about the baby coming and her complicated situation entirely! She has bought some of the baby stuff but it still sits in bags in the bedroom. Despite being strong, she does succumb to the hormones of pregnancy in some parts, there are some very funny moments when this happens! Her boyfriend Ben, who is 8 years younger than her, also seems in denial about the baby, he goes through a lot over the course of the story and becomes a much stronger person because of it. I started out disliking him but by the end of the book I was rooting for him all the way!

Initially I liked Matthew but the more I got to know him, find out about his relationship with Katy and his relationship with Allison, I really began to dislike him, he and Ben switched places by the end of the novel for me. I felt really sorry for Allison throughout the whole thing, and not just because she is expecting twins! I really hope that she has a happy ending. The fact that I felt worried for her by the end of the book shows how well written the whole thing was.

I think that this book would be a fabulous addition to anyone's summer reading list, add it to your kindle now. It's fast-laced and fun, but at the same time, very real. I think there is something in here for everyone, and will be looking forward to hearing much more from this author in the future!
on 12 December 2017
I enjoyed this story which was based around a complicated relationship. The couple involved despite being in love and wanting to be together are finding the going difficult due to infidelity and immaturity then throw in a pregnancy and relationship turns to chaos. Can they work things out or do they even want to ....... A nice ending and have already bought the next title to see how the story continues.
on 21 March 2014
A good relationship story, with good humour, that touches on the difficult situations, but is redeemed with great thought provoking writing; the author holds the readers attention throughout.

A very enjoyable story that can be enjoyed by all adults, as well as teenagers, since the intimate details are completely subtle; leaving it all to the readers imagination, and perception.

A very nice book....
on 29 December 2017
Had this on my wishlist for a while. a good enjoyable but sad in places read. finished within a day as it flows quite easily. a few good oneliners and a thought provoking dialogue into the complexitys of relationships
on 4 September 2013
If anything, this book is very sad. It is about a British couple in a 'casual', almost accidental relationship who don't seem to have much real emotion, intimacy or even chemistry between them. When the girl gets pregnant by accident, they find themselves in a complicated situation, mainly due to the fact that the baby might be the result of a one-night stand she had with an old flame, while her boyfriend was away.

While the characters and the story may well be realistic and representative of how they do relationships in Britain nowadays, I found this world absolutely depressing and void of any possibilities to find real, genuine human connections. Definitely nothing was 'romantic', let alone 'funny' about this book.
on 29 April 2017
Great book it did take me a while too read as I do not read everyday more like now and then however was easy too pick up and start again. Great story line and mix of characters. Moving funny and worth a read
on 22 June 2017
Well I do.....LOL great book
on 29 June 2013
This book was thoroughly enjoyable making me laugh most of the way as it followed the life's of three couples intrinsically linked in their experiences but poles apart in lifestyle. This is Tracy's first book and I am now looking forward to reading others she has written. A very cleaver writer who understands real life and keeps the suspense going up to the very last chapter
on 16 August 2017