I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was so easy to get into, In the first few sentences the book had captured my attention and I was glued to the scenes that were unfolding before me.

No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday was so funny! Tracy Bloom has done a fantastic job of writing this book, and creating so many humourous moments in her writing. Throughout the story I was bursting out with laughter, and on more than one occasion I was asked by others what was so hilarious!

But it's not only very funny, it is also very heart-felt and full of emotion too. The situations and dilemmas are very-well written. I'm sure there are scenes in this book that readers will be able to relate to, whether it is the friendships in the book, the many issues involved in pregnancy or conceiving, or even the relationships and love between the characters. I was quite touched by the story, and the topics in the book compelled me to read on.

The characters were brilliant. They were all so lifelike, and so realistic, and I did feel as though I knew them in real life. They seemed to jump from the pages. I really lost myself in their world, their issues and the events that were happening in their lives. I laughed with them, I cringed with them, and I felt for them.

No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday is truly fantastic. It is enjoyable and funny, with a few emotional moments which will make you think too. I have thoroughly enjoyed having the pleasure of reading this book and I honestly can not wait for Tracy Bloom to bring out another!
on 26 May 2013
I purchased this book purely because I discovered that the author lives in my village and that, despite having her work successfully published in several overseas countries, she has not as yet been able to find a publisher in the UK. I was therefore surprised and intrigued and decided that I could lend a little support by purchasing the book on Kindle. I found the book extremely well written as well as intriguing, amusing and thought-provoking. In short - an extremely engaging read, with a fabulous ending! I wish the author well with her next book, which I look forward to reading. It made a refreshing change from the usual thriller/crime hard-reading that I normally choose. It is witty from start to finish with a definite moral to the story. Good luck Tracy Bloom!
on 2 June 2013
I bought this book after reading the reviews and was astounded that it hadn't received anything below 4 stars, a rarity as others will know. I found the book to be a delightfully light hearted read, one that I struggled to put down and finished rather quickly! As others have already said, rather funny too. I'm happy to hear the author has written more books and will definitely check them out!
on 27 June 2016
Read this book in few days while commuting to work. It is an easy and fun read to kill time. A story about two friend who agreed to never see each other again but apparently met in athenatal class with their other sides. A story about woman, her younger boyfriend, her ex and his wife. You can imagine where this story gets to :)) it is fun sometimes, and i think some of us have been in similar situation sometimes - nostalgia, relationship crisis, and i recognised myself in some situations while reading this book.

Easy read, funny and i quit enjoyed it.
on 27 June 2013
It has been said that I will read the back of a cereal packet -I am such an avid reader of just about every genre , if it's well written , I will read it.
Bought this off the back the excellent the reviews but I think it's one of the most ill conceived and boring "romantic" plots I've ever experienced - I don't know why but I found it hard to like any of the characters apart from Ben and I thought the whole thing so farcical ( I know it was meant to be but there are limits) that I found myself willing the thing to end , it was torturous to be honest , and when it did finally enter it's death throes, the ending was abrupt and had no real conclusion - I now know there is a sequel but I wont be buying it - life's too short . I also found that my Kindle registered 78% read at the conclusion of the book ( again, that confused me because I expected another 3 chapters or so and got nothing ) and that the writer had used up the other 22% selling another book by giving me an excerpt of it that i didn't appreciate - sorry , but thats just not !!! So, this is one author I have taken off my list - just not polished enough yet and I cannot understand the 'rave"reviews - baffling .
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 September 2014
It took me far too long to get around to reading No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday and even longer to write my review for it. I have no idea why because I absolutely loved it! I’ll start by mentioning the cover just because it’s so simple and effective – it’s perfect for the book. I could not put this book down and so I was reading it in public a lot – which then meant I got a lot of people disturbing my reading and asking me questions about the book. Once I’d explained what the book was about and that no it wasn’t a “dirty” book just because it has sex in the title, I did get asked what could be funny about a book where the main character doesn’t know the father of her baby. It’s true that that real life scenario isn’t funny at all but No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday had lots of humour, without making a mockery of the baby situation. More than that, it was sweet and romantic and emotional too, a chaotically entertaining story and a lot of fun.

This book grabbed me from the opening scenes. Ben kind of stole the show for me there and won me over so quickly. He was very funny and the complete bad timing he had with his humour and inappropriate comments was endearing and the highlight of this book for me. His outlook on life was refreshing to read – it wasn’t about instantly changing into the most serious, responsible soon-to-be parent going. His personality and character still always stood out for me so when Katy is reunited with ex-school friend Matthew, and a one-night stand ensues she’s not sure who the dad is, I was thrown for a bit. I loved Ben and yet Matthew was so unlikeable for me. He felt dull and arrogant and I really did have no clue how this book was going to turn out. Even though Katy made a lot of bad decisions, I didn’t dislike her. Everything just kept going wrong and it was very amusing to read. Which leads me quickly on to Ben’s pretty mad friend Braindead (really), who was hilarious. His involvement brought most of my favourite moments in this book. There was also Daniel who added a lot to this book and so many other brilliant characters.

Tracy Bloom’s voice in this book was great to read. She really builds up a vivid picture of every moment in this book and I could imagine every scene so easily, like I was just watching one of those fast-paced, crazy romantic comedy films. Her writing could be so light-hearted and then switch, subtly and perfectly. Writing this review a while on, I can still remember every moment so easily. Chaos did ensue on practically every page, which is what you get when you’re keeping secrets and making mistakes. That just helped make the whole book more memorable, because there were so many events in this book which had me laughing or smiling and I could list a ton of laugh-out-loud moments. Away from the humour and romance, it was the friendship in this book I loved. Characters like Braindead and Daniel seemed so unlike characters I normally warm to but in No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday, I loved them. This book was fantastic read and as it moved towards the end, it got better still until I really didn’t want it to end. This has to be one of my favourite and most memorable books I’ve read this year.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 October 2014
A great fun read about life, love, sex and the consequences.

Based in Leeds, in the United Kingdom, Katy is our strong female lead; she's got a great job, loves her independent life, and has the best fun with younger lover, Ben. She's not looking for anything too serious having been off commitment following a traumatic break up with the love of her life, back in her teens.

But when that old love turns up a school reunion and tries to make amends for his despicable horny, hormonal teen behaviour, one things leads to another and suddenly it becomes a reunion of an entirely other sort. And you just know that's going to lead to a whole rollercoaster of fun and laughter ... and maybe a few tears.

With strongly defined characters that you'll quickly suss out as the good, the bad and the fabulous, this is a fantastic engaging read to keep you turning pages at a pace. Funny, sweet, emotional and downright joyful, this book will remind you that good times are only a smile away, and things always come right in the end. An excellent comedy romance.
on 22 April 2015
This comedy romance is definitely not my normal cup of tea, but I was surprised to enjoy it, I tend to steer clear of romance genre, but I'm trying to expand my readership. I did smile at the comedy, not laugh out loud although I did guffaw towards the end. I liked the lead female character and her partner, if not the other male protagonist. When I am enjoying a book I whiz through it and I did with this. Think Four Weddings or Bridget Jones type Rom Com with a little spice added.
on 31 July 2013
I bought this book because of the great reviews and as I was reading it I kept thinking "why is this so great?" Like other reviewers have said you don't really root for any characters. It's not funny and I think it's quite boring. If you want a funny chick lit go for Jenny Colgan!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 March 2015
When did an "easy read" become an equal to the clever/funny/page-turning bestseller? "No-one Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday" is such a disappointing book on so many levels… It’s predictable, uninventive, full of clichés, with zero of likeable characters (all of them strictly one-dimensional), it’s badly written, it’s slow, it’s everything a bestseller should not – and could not be! And if anything – it’s simply boring. Would not recommend. Even to take on a holiday!

I don't "hate it" - it simply does not deserve two stars.