on 8 November 2014
The Panasonic RP-HC56E-K noise cancelling headphones are high quality in terms of both sound quality and noise cancelling. The sound quality is clear and there is very good base. The noise cancelling is also fine with a combination of passive sound baffling and active noise cancelling. For the price they stand up well against phones of much higher price.
on 31 March 2014
As with the previous review, I also bought theses from an airport retailer, but luckily I bought some spare batteries for the journey. Good job as none were supplied. I must admit that the noise cancellation is not as good as I was expecting but it isn't as bad as the previous review makes out and the louder the external noise the better they seem to work. However, I am impressed with the sound quality. The bass is as good as I have experienced from a set of in-ear headphones. The spatial element of the sound is equally as impressive. The in-ear fit is good. Overall I am impressed and pleased with the purchase.
on 7 October 2013
This is the first noise cancellation product I've ever used. I can't say I'm that impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much, its hard to say. It does feel though that the deep rubber inner ear plugs that surround the speakers do about as much noise cancellation as the actual tech within the thing.

UPDATE: May 14: I actually am impressed with its capabilities, you just need to use it in noisy enough a space. Baically if you use it on a flight it really does seem to work. Before I'd only been using it on a train or two or in the house with the TV on in the background to test and it seems that these weren't really loud enough environments for it to work well. Anyway, since using it on a couple of long distance flights I can now say its fantastic and it made a huge difference to my enjoyment and ability to relax on the flights.

The fact the product requires a battery to function as headphones is annoying. I purchased these at Duty Free before a flight and was totally unaware of this. The package doesn't come with a battery either so I was left most annoyed unable to use them on the inaugural flight!
on 18 June 2015
Unlike other earphones this wont give any sound without a battery in, so it's difficult to tell just how good the noise cancelling actually is. Having said that, I used these for two 8 hour transatlantic flights, found them comfortable and the sound was very acceptable. Would I buy them again... yes I would.
on 4 December 2015
These are very good. I don't like having huge headphones but I want noise cancelling on the tube and on planes. For its size it is really good. Unlike some others, it needs a battery to operate at all(even in non cancelling mode), but overall I'm really satisfied and would recommend this product.
on 3 February 2015
The Panasonic RP-HC56E-K In Ear Noise Cancelling headphones worked pretty well for me on two 5 hour flights. Noise reduction is substantial with engine noise almost cut out completely. Sound reproduction is OK with occasional sibilance but not overly intrusive. The aaa battery lasted well. These are not hifi earbuds but they do their job well and are worth the cost when compared to top range Bose etc. I would recommend them.
on 29 September 2015
Not sure what I was expecting, but these were not it. On a long plane journey at the weekend, the earphones cancelled 2/3rds of the engine noise but not 90%+ and not much the peripheral noise at all...
I'll look at proper Bose headphones next but will check the reviews for sure...
on 29 November 2015
Disappointed with these. I got them to use in place of over-ear noise cancelling headphones, as these are less bulky in Mr carry-on. That's true, but these are not very effective at cancelling the noise and, more annoyingly, if I'm wearing them and stand up, the weight of the little battery compartment pulls the ear buds out of my ears.

Borderline useless.
on 6 January 2015
Not sure if the noise cancelling works...it could be that it is on and off...went shopping with it the other day and thought the surrounding noise was less but then other times background noise is just normal. I don't like that you have the battery thingy with it and you have to clip it somewhere as relatively heavy...don't think I would buy again...
on 8 April 2015
We have a noisy open seating plan at work. It helps drown out the background noise.