on 14 August 2013
I came across a recipe for scramble tofu recently which looks to all intents and purposes like scrambled eggs. The recipe called for black salt so I ordered this and am very impressed as it really does have that sulphur taste of eggs. Great for vegans who want to eat eggy substitutes without eating actual eggs!
on 22 September 2013
This definitely tastes like the real deal and is a valued addition to my spice collection. The bag looked small when it arrived but when I transfered it to a glass jar I realised there was actually quite a lot of it. It is salt after all and you only need a pinch or two to add interest to your dishes. The service was excellent and I will add this seller to my favourites list.
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2015
This arrived in a small bag with a homemade computer label on it. I expected a branded product, this could be anything. I see since my purchase that there is a different product image showing on the product but that is not what I received.
review image
on 29 December 2013
I ordered this product as I was trying to make vegan mayo. It worked really well. The egg flavor of this salt was what I needed for the mayo to taste like real one (without using eggs!). My husband loved it. So 5 stars for this salt.
on 24 July 2015
Nice product. It came in a branded, sealed bag by Jalpur - one that you might see hanging on a spice rack in an Asian supermarket. Strong sulphuric scent and very finely ground so it also has a very salty taste. You need very little if you are using this as an egg flavour substitute in dishes such as tofu scramble. This should last me a very long time indeed.
on 27 March 2015
This wasn't very 'eggy' at all. Am wondering if I got 'pink' salt rather than 'black' salt - I know they're the same colour, but have a very different taste. This one did not have the 'eggy' taste I was expecting unfortunately. The company that delivered, however, were excellent and would buy from them again, just not this product.
on 18 May 2015
hell yeh! Egg tofu scramble time!! This salt is SUPER eggy, i'm vegan so this means i can enjoy egg mayo sandwiches and scrambled egg on toast now! AWESOME
on 30 July 2013
I bought this product to give a vegan egg mayonnaise sandwich filling its proper eggy taste and was not disappointed. Used a little more than the recipe said, but that's because I liked the product. The sulphur in the product gives the egg taste. Not sure if you would want to use it as a table salt but for adding an egg flavour it's great. Would buy again,
on 29 March 2014
Used this first time to flavour my scrambled tofu and was really pleased with it. But whatever the amount your recipe says, use less. Very salty!
on 5 January 2016
This is supposed to have an eggy smell and taste but it has neither, it's just salty. Was looking forward to trying it out and was disappointed. Maybe it's worth choosing one that costs a little more to get the better quality.