on 24 March 2014
As I rarely use my neckstrap as anything more than a safety line wrapped round my wrist, this seemed like the perrfect alternative.

Whilst I have big hands, they'll go thru the loop without any problem, although with the loop big enough to fit my hand thru, I need to adjust the strap if I want to wear it as a wristband, although I can't think I'll ever need to do that.

If you spend more time with your neckstrap in-shot or wrapped around your forearm out of the way, give a Cuff a go - it takes up no room in my camera bag and is a lot more flexible for portrait shots than a leather 'camcorder' style grip-strap.

The engagement of the strap end on to the anchor 'puck' is very positive and far more secure than a fast/squeeze buckle, with no chance of an accidental release as the puck can only be released by first depressing it to disengage, then sliding backwards against the weight of the camera.

Cuff comes with two 'anchors' so if you forego the wristband option you can have an anchor on two different cameras, or a camera and a pair of binoculars.

Well impressed :-)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 22 April 2015
I'm not a fan of neck straps and could never get on with the various sling straps which hang the camera by the tripod socket. Most of the time I have the neck strap wrapped around my wrist which isn't the most secure way to carry a DSLR. Conventional handstraps didn't appeal to me as both my bodies have battery grips for use in portrait orientation, so this seemed like a sensible option.

A few of the reviews here raised concerns over the load rating of the Peak Design system for larger DSLRs, but I decided to give it a go anyway. The strap is really compact and when not in use can be clipped around the wrist out of the way. The wrist strap is long enough to be able to use a gripped camera body in portrait orientation without issue. I also have very large hands and the fit is very comfortable. The anchors are very secure when clipped into the strap and according to Peak Design are rated for up to 200 lbs (90 kg) of load!

I like it so much, I've bought additional anchors to use it with both camera bodies.

The photo shows a gripped D800 with a Sigma 24-105mm f/4 Art (2.2 kg in all) attached to the wrist strap. I have no concerns whatsoever that the anchors are up to the job.
review image
on 20 February 2014
For those who find neck straps restricting, this adjustable wrist strap allows a hand of any size to fit through and the dangly bit of strap tucks neatly into itself as a wristband when not being used. It has the added advantage of sporting a discreet logo, unlike another brand which screams its name across the strap.

The anchor on the strap locks tightly onto the anchor attached to the camera eyelet in a couple of seconds, so if you use a camera bag it gives that extra bit of security as you whisk your camera out of your bag, snap the anchors together and start shooting. When finished, return your camera to your bag, unlock the anchor in a second, wrap the end of the strap round your wrist and secure it with the anchor. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Useful for a lightweight camera or an entry level DSLR. It's not strong enough to dangle a camera from - why would you dangle your expensive equipment anyway! But if you were unlucky enough to drop your camera, the Cuff strap would catch it - I tested it with my entry level DSLR above a mattress and it remained secure.

Photography being the expensive hobby that it is, it's refreshing to find an accessory that is excellent value for money. This one certainly is.
on 12 May 2015
The peak design cuff is a brilliantly designed strap that solves the problem of over the top neck straps getting in the way every five minutes . Why have a neck strap that's more like a seatbelt and about as comfy as one when this little wrist one does a far better job without fuss . I use a Nikon D7000 with a 16-85mm zoom attached which isn't a light camera combo by any stretch of the imagination but the cuff takes the weigh in its stride no problem , the quality is there as well to match the camera so it looks good which is a bonus , ive always hated the strap split rings on cameras flapping about so always remove them and usually go strapless , the great thing about this strap is it can be threaded through the strap lug without the split ring ( just pull it through with a length of thread ) , this gives a really neat look with no jangling about and is a rock solid anchoring , id advise anyone looking for an answer to the age old problem of never feeling right with a camera on a neck strap swaying about to get one ! BRILLIANT ITEM .
on 19 February 2015
My third Peak strap [all in full use] because I love the quality, ease of use and the variation of positions you can hang/conceal you camera under your coat etc. They all come with the same connectors which are small enough to leave on the camera allowing quick change of straps to meet your needs on the day.They are not the cheapest on the market but very good. As for this particular wrist strap it gives you piece of mind when you don't want a long strap in your way but at the same time don't want your expensive camera at risk from being dropped or snatched from your hand. Ideal for when taking shots from height or other risky areas such as stretching your arm to get the shot thereby weakening your grip on the camera. The added bonus is that should you need/want to use the camera without any strap it easily wraps around the wrist or slips into the smallest of pockets. Perhaps a little expensive but quality kit that is comfortable on the wrist.
on 26 March 2015
I really like the Peak Design system, I find the little toggles to be really pleasing in an aesthetic sense. I did have a perfectly good Joby wrist strap that I liked a lot - but it wasn't something one could remove quicly when wanting to switch to a neck strap. The Peak Design system solves that issue. The strap feels very strong and trustworthy - I also like the design that allows it to be worn around the wrist neatly when not attached to the camera.

My only issue with the system is the clips on the straps that hold the toggles do seem a little large and clunky. Sometimes I found it getting in the way of using the camera. For that reason I bought the company's bolt that fits in the tripod mount of the camera, moving the strap away from the side of the camera somewhat.
on 16 December 2014
Great product. I found it really easy and convenient to use. The strap feels very strong and secure, and i like that you can unclip it and still have the strap on your wrist should you wish to put your camera in your bag for a short time and dont have to faff with the strap each time. Used for a day trip to Amsterdam and found it very useful.

Also helps to keep it safe as no one will be able to snatch your camera from your hand at any time.
on 16 October 2013
This is a great piece of kit that could save you the cost of a repair or even a written off lens. It`s fitted with a quick release connector and can be unclipped in a second. You get 2 securing clips. It also gives you full functionality of the camera and is a very secure piece of kit..I prefer this to an around the neck strap as it does not hang and possibly get caught as you lift the camera up..
Well worth the cost. I think you can also buy extra clips for other item so the actual wrist strap can be clipped to other items like a camcorder and the likes..

10/10 for this item.
on 25 March 2015
It's a neat design and well made but not outrageously expensive wrist strap. I use it for my smaller cameras (perfect for the Sony RX100M3 - due to it's small form factor and lack of a finger grip - albeit you can buy it as an add-on from Sony - the Sony AG-R2).
Like the way it forms a wrist band that doesn't look too "geeky".
It inspires confidence when you have an expensive camera 'clipped on'.
Highly recommended.
on 5 August 2015
looks nice and feels very secure. the material used doesn't bruise the skin.
I ordered it for my Nikon D5100 and it works brilliantly. there is a slight pull on wrists if you allow the camera to fall suddenly, but the hold seems very secure and after a few control tests, I feel very confident to use it outdoors.