Customer reviews

The Pickwick Papers
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 22 September 2017
A dreadful reading. I don't mind the American accent, but, unless you have bought this to help you get to sleep more quickly, you'll probably be very disappointed by the dull, monotonous drone of the reader, who sounds like an elderly lady with no enthusiasm for literature whatever.
I've removed it from my Ipod without more than a cursory listening, despite having listened to a lot of second-rate amateur readings of audiobooks with reasonable enjoyment.
on 2 June 2012
I approached this book with some trepidation as I'd read it was episodic and just meandered around. Not in the least! And I would say it is one of my favourite Dicken's to date. I found I preferred the first three quarters of the book (lots of laugh out loud moments) to the more traditional Dickens' final quarter, where he concentrates on highlighting the plight of the victorian poor, and not so many laughs. Also I did struggle somewhat with the dialogue between Mr Weller snr and Mr Weller jr. It is a book that probably deserves a second reading to get the full enjoyment.

NB I would love to be like Sam Weller :-)

PS
I found the Amazon kindle version very badly formatted.
on 28 April 2017
I really enjoyed the Brilliance Audio production. It's not my favourite Dickens but I got engrossed in this version, which really brings out the humour.
on 27 May 2016
I hadn't read this for years and thoroughly enjoyed it this time. The characterisation and the descriptive names of the people were really amusing and the story rolled along at a good pace. Most amusing.
on 28 July 2017
Love all Dickens' books and this one did not disappoint
on 24 September 2017
Item as advertised.
on 25 June 2017
Great
on 20 June 2017
excellent
on 5 March 2017
Classic book that I like to tread and read.
on 18 March 2017