on 5 February 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and learned so much from it. I have used the interval training sessions and adapted them slightly to suit me. I've been running for 2 years now, althought I had 6 months off due to illness and am now getting ready for my first Marathon and this book has given me the inspiration and guidance to complete my challenge. Couldn't put it down.
on 9 November 2013
This is a good book, helps with training tips and advice.
I will use alot of the advice in my own training.
on 4 November 2013
Full of useful tips and information on how to improve your running performance. Definitely a good read and will recommend.
on 13 January 2014
I downloaded this to my kindle - it is pages of statements about training - for example 'focusing on longer and lower intensity workouts builds and sustains your endurance.' How helpful is that? I knew that already. 'Always begin any workout by stretching' - not so, recent research contradicts this. (Dynamic warm ups are much better.) I was expecting a book with some new and innovative training ideas. No such luck. Nutrition advice - if you eat fat, it turns to fat. Any nutritionist will tell you that is rubbish. There is nothing useful in this book, in fact there are so many inaccuracies I would suggest that any newbie reading this could actually come to harm. A few high intensity interval workouts are included - copied from someone's website (who does get the credit). They are just too specific, with no caveats. I have read a considerable number of books about running and training for endurance, and this has to be the worst.