Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 17 June 2013
Alison's writing is beautifully evocative. Sitting here on a cold summer evening I've just finished her gorgeous book (scrumptious, she'd say) and I loved every single word. Funny, thought-provoking, sad, clever, inspirational - she's an amazing writer. I adored it.
on 29 March 2015
I really enjoyed this book! I totally could sympathise with alison on a lot of the topics she discusses in this book. I found this book & alison down to earth and got lots and lots of great tips and advice too! <3 x
on 28 February 2014
Absolute bliss! Little glimpses into the domestic life of another woman that has kept me sane during a particularly yucky week.The sort of book you look forward to sneaking off with for a quick five minutes of nosey escapism in someone elses life. I feel i have found a friend.
on 6 April 2014
This is the second book I have read by the author and having read 'Scrumptious Treats for Vintage Housekeepers' it wasn't what I expected. The previous book made me believe Alison lives in this perfect little world with little or no worries, a complete place of make believe, I couldn't have been more wrong. Without giving too much away real life is shown here just With the added vintage glamour. I have so much respect after reading this and feel less of a failure as a housekeeper and mum and now see that even with the more difficult parts of life to deal with it can be done in a lovely homely way.
If not for Alison the treat bottle of French Lavender Oil to scent the house wouldn't have been brought which resulted in a two year old sleeping through for three nights running for the first time ever. Vintage housekeeping and sleep rule.
on 31 March 2014
We all have bad mummy days when we just feel like the world is against....yes there are those with wonderful lives of a lifelong partner and financial stability, but for the rest of us Life, Love and Vintage Housekeeping says it as it is. I may not shop in waitrose for organic treats, bake everyday or read a hundred books but I can most definitely relate to the ups and downs of life and oh that feeling of guilt when we stop and do nothing for an hour let alone an afternoon and heavens forbid a day. Well done Alison for making me smile and and laugh loudly as I related to much of your thoughts and feelings and a lot of your misfortunes.....how do we women find the strength :-) great reading.
on 13 February 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed Alison's thoughtful and insightful posts, reproduced here in this lovely little Kindle book. She has the most wonderful way with words, even when telling of heartbreak and sorrow. Not everything here is sweetness-and-light ~ but then, neither is real life. Alison tells it how it is, the highs and lows, joys and sorrows, and I for one admire the bravery she shows in telling it how it really is.
on 15 June 2013
A heartwarming book from start to finish reflecting the joys and challenges of running a happy home and trying to be the best Mum she can be. Alison's stories are honest, inspiring and amusing and will have you either laughing out loud or reaching for a tissue! Just about to read it again with a pen and paper to record all the fab housekeeping tips. I have been very fortunate to have experienced Alison's writing over many years, she has a special gift and I can't wait to read the next one.
on 22 April 2013
Great writing;showing how finding our passion in life,can help us with the big ups and downs that come our way.
on 22 September 2014
A really enjoyable read. I recommend anyone to at least get the sample on kindle as it is a very generous sample and gives you a real idea if you would want or not.
on 8 January 2014
Love this book it's like chatting with a friend about your life over a coffee so sad it's ended will definitely start reading the blog regularly :)