on 22 July 2013
Easy to set up; sharp picture and playback; plays all my region 1 DVDs and also a region 4 DVD that I happen to have.

What more can you say really? great value, good seller = recommended!
77 Comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 January 2015
I love this compact little Multi-Region DVD player, which delivers exactly what it says on the packet, ie, I can view all my standard DVDs on it, but more importantly my Region 1 (US) versions as well (the majority of my collection are in the US format). It came very quickly indeed, but I don't think there was a SCART cable with it, which didn't matter because I had a few spare ones. So, I simply plugged the box in, attached the player to the TV via the SCART cable, inserted a test DVD and it played perfectly. Since then, I've watched quite a few more. The colour wasn't completely to my liking at first, but I fiddled about with the 'Display' button, chose a few improvement options and everything was fine. There's also the option to stop play so that it will resume where you left off, or alternatively, with two presses go back to the beginning. For a budget buy, this product is amazing, but don't expect a read-out on the little player itself - this comes up on the TV screen, nor is there any option to attach other fancy cables - just the SCART. But that's fine with me, and I couldn't be happier.
on 14 April 2014
Perhaps I received a duff unit. I don't know. It played region two quite well but region one had very poor picture quality and was in black and white. Strangely when you ejected the disc the picture changed to what it was mean to to be for a few moments. I returned the unit for a refund.
on 21 January 2014
With our old Alba DVD player slowly dieing, it was time to bring in a new substitute to handle our DVD playing needs. And so we have the Sony DVPSR170 DVD player.

Dimensions:
Width: "10.5-"10.75
Height: "1.5
Depth: "8

Contents:
1x Sony DVPSR170 DVD player with wired in power cable lead.
1x Remote control.
1x Sony AA battery.
1x Instruction manual & technical/warranty information paper work.
1x SCART cable provided by the seller.

PRO's
-Visually sleek, all black design with a small round green LED light on the right front that illuminates when DVD's in use.
-Small & lightweight.
-Simple to setup, as it only has a hard wired power lead plug & SCART lead connection to connect to T.V or Sky box.
-Nice set of features, including the ability to leave off watching a film where you left it last.
-Multi region DVD readable out the box.
-Remote is easy to understand & navigate, battery included.

CON's
-Power cable lead & plug is only about "34 long roughly. Our T.V is very close to the mains sockets, but still means the DVD player has to sit awkwardly far back besides our Sky box.
-More of a gripe, but i'm mot keen on the barrel shaped & protruding plastic line texture underside design of the remote, looks bulky & old fashioned.

In conclusion, despite the ridiculously short power cable lead, we are very happy with our purchase. Highly recommended.
on 31 July 2017
Disappointed is an understatement. This doesn't play well, when I open the DVD player it sounds plastic and about ready to break! I do live my Toshibas.
on 5 January 2015
Be warned this product still uses scart output to tv and not hdmi.You get what you pay for,which is a cheap quality DVD player made of cheap quality components..
Five stars for delivery but was for a gift so not sure if satisfactory. Have not heard to the contrary so assume it is ol and Sony is a good name.
on 8 August 2014
Great DVD player that plays any region. However, have found one Region 1 dvd does not work so guess it depends on the dvd. Most out of region however do work.
on 18 January 2015
It is not a multi region player.
on 21 September 2014
excellent machine & wonderful price-does everything I want.