on 28 July 2016
Simply the best, most versatile string out there. Perfect for those with high action guitars or less hand strength. If you can handle them, jump up to the .10 regular slinkys though. They have a fuller richer tone. I do use supers on my fender that needs more playability help than tonal help though. I use the regular slinkys on a lower action squier tele. Both guitars sound great now. Out of the box, the strat sounded like a purely rock guitar, and the tele like a pure country blues guitar, but after getting the ernie ball treatment, they're both all around monsters now. Everyone comments about how you can't get a bad tone out of the fender now, and even though nobody wants to admit that the squier sounds good, (including myself after forking out the $ for a fender), it has a much more usable tone now, but still keeping that classic twangy tele tone. Tried lots of other strings, but have gone full circle back to the balls. If you play alot of different styles or want a clear bright tone, there are no other strings besides ernie balls.
I hope you found this review helpful, if so could you please help me out by hitting the yes button below. .
on 9 May 2017
For many years I have used Ernie Ball Super Slinky (which are great), but as my playing has improved I decided to step up to 10s to start building a bit more finger strength and improving my bending technique. These (Skinny Top Heavy Bottom) are great, easy to play, don't stretch too much after first stringing so are good on my Floyd rose guitar. Heavy bottom gives a really nice thick tone for metal licks whilst the 10s on top are still flexible enough for playing high up on the frets and bend easily.

I like Ernie Ball strings as they are not as 'tinny' (bright?) sounding as D'addario (which I have also tried), I like their slightly less treble'y tone, each to his own with stings and plenty of people will disagree with me, but finding your own guitar tone is a personal thing, so play what you like the sound of, not what some review says you should like!! For a fiver these are reasonably priced and so if you don't like them then you haven't wasted a fortune.

I got some Beefy Slinky strings at the same time, but I find them much harder work (especially on the fixed bridge guitar I put them on) still playable and a nice tone, but you know after a few minutes practice that that you are using heavier strings. These strings on the other hand I can comfortably play for an hour or so without aching fingers!!

I noticed a comment about string snapping, I have always used Ernie Ball (for around 27 years) and apart from when I was first starting out I have rarely snapped a string through playing, I found it was due to that old chestnut of not recognising tone and turning the tuning pegs the wrong way, or turning the wrong tuning peg and even then it was only usually the high 'E' so I used to pick up a spare, at my local music shop (who sold them individually from a wooden tray in the days before the internet). That said I don't have a heavy picking arm, I find the volume knob on the amp is better for 'going loud' than beating seven bells out of the strings, so I can't vouch for these strings for those who pick really heavy, perhaps try the new RPS line if you are having real problems, or change your picking technique!!
on 20 October 2015
Like these a lot. Not such an extreme variation between the top and bottom three string sizes as you get with the 'light top heavy bottom' ones, which, for me at least, is a good thing. Usual smooth as silk EB feel to them and I would say exactly fits the bill if you want a 'bit of chunk' for rhythm playing but reasonably slinky for string bending and vibrato on lead playing. Yep, dem good!
on 4 August 2016
Beefy slinkys! I thought i would give them a try as i have never seen them before and usually use power slinkys. I think they are awesome! a nice set of thick strings with the tone you would expect from Ernie balls. I play everything from classical to sludge metal and i have found these strings to hold their own every time i pick up the guitar but especially ballsy when it comes to down tuning! They cost a bit less here than they do in my local music shop and they arrived quickly and well packaged. I would buy from this seller again. 5 stars!
on 29 May 2017
I like the tone and feel of the Beefy slinkies. Coming over from bass as a new guitarist these play well and sound good to my bassists ear.
However... Not too sure about the quality. The first set I put on lasted a little over a month, then the A string (.42 gauge) broke at the bridge. Then the second pair the D string (.30 gauge) broke after a week (!!!!!), also at the bridge. The initial set I had (no idea what gauges or manufacturer) lasted two months before I changed them. Not sure yet if this is because of a bridge issue, the way I play, or the strings. They also seem to rust very quickly, though I will admit to sweating a lot which doesn't help.

So, not sure about the quality, or even if they're the rights strings for me yet, but I do like them.
on 27 April 2017
Earnie Ball guitar strings have been my go to since I started playing guitar and they don't disappoint.
the graphics are cool
the colour stands out and who wouldn't want these strings
4* due to them not lasting as long as I liked but still a very good string if your a guitar player
on 18 November 2015
I give them a five star rating because this hybrid set work/play really well, (for me) on a 25.5" scale, (Strat or Tele) guitar.
Higher string bending made more flexible while lower strings retained some 'power' ... Great if you play blues style but can't easily handle heavy gauge strings.
on 9 May 2017
I have been using Ernie Ball strings for well over 10 years and they have never let me down, they are a low price so you can buy and change your strings whenever you feel. I like to have a fresh set of strings every couple of weeks if i am performing but they will hold up for a long time and take a real beating. Brilliant sound and never a issue. Always buy Ernie Ball.
on 9 June 2016
Love these strings, great value and used this brand for years. I don't play often but the hold the tunings well and are robust strings
on 10 May 2017
Son has used these strings for many years and would not use any others as he is happy with this brand and gauge.