Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

My Parents Are Out of Control is, without a doubt, the funniest children's book I've read since Marcus Sedgwick's Raven Mysteries series. It had me laughing out loud every other page thanks to it's mix of sarcasm and deadpan humour - two of my favourite things!

Twelve-year-old Louis is a comedian, he's excellent at telling jokes and constantly makes everyone around him collapse in fits of laughter. Everything's going great until his parents start revisiting their youth, using words like "safe" and "wicked" and wearing clothes a couple of decades too young for them. I'm sure we all agree that would be an absolute nightmare! Louis has to try and put a stop to this before his own reputation is destroyed - but how?!

Louis is a larger than life protagonist, one I'm sure lots of kids will identify with and wish they could be friends with. He's easy going and maybe a big too smart-mouthed for his own good, as he often finds himself in sticky situations with teachers! He's the kind of boy I would have been friends with when I was little, someone fun and who doesn't take life too seriously.

I really, really enjoyed this book. I love books for younger readers that are funny - I don't think there's anything better than kids reading a book that will make them laugh. Pete Johnson has written a great book here and I'm glad I have it a read. Obviously I'll now have to get a copy of the first book in the series to catch up with Louis and his comedy adventures.
on 3 September 2014
My 8 year old loved this, He did ask a lot of questions on the meanings of some of the words. It would suit kids who are 9 and above. I got curious and read a few chapters myself and found the book very entertaining.
on 24 February 2015
This book is the best book i've ever read. I gave it a five star because it is so funny it ends on a clift hanger also other reasons for why this is the best book ive ever read.In my opinion this is for ages 9-11!!

this book is about a boy named louis and how he is so enoyed about his embarssing parents...
on 16 March 2014
I gave this book a 1 firecracker rating because it was very funny and had a good story to it. My favourite part was when dad arrived at the disco and asked "have you seen my blood." I thought this was very funny because it is a very unusual thing for your parent to say and the fact that he said it to other children must have been so embarrassing for Louis. I would recommend this book to anybody who has a good sense of humour as I think it is fair to say it is the funniest book I have read in my life.
on 2 September 2013
Wow! - these Louis books are great, not just great, but brilliant, cool, awesome and FUNNY!!!!! I loved this sequel to How to train your Parents.
Really - add to your cart and pay and read it now! (I am not responsible if your head explodes with laughter!) Hope Pete Johnson writes another Louis book soon.
on 18 September 2013
Bought for my 9 year old cheeky son as I thought he would like it. Heard lots of chuckling coming from his room at bedtime so it was a good choice!
on 2 August 2013
Amazing book. I liked the ending! The plot was great! I hope there will be a next book in the Louis books
By boy
on 6 November 2014
Good fun bedtime read. Suit 8-11 year old children.
on 31 October 2015
This was purchased for a birthday gift
on 28 February 2015
Teenage son said it was alright.