Customer reviews

Dancer And The Moon
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 July 2013
Ritchie Blackmore is undoubtedly one of the world's best musicians who has surrounded himself with others of the same abilitiy. Together with Candice Night, the music of Blackmore,s Night harps back to an age long gone and this album is no exception. In this day and age of 'manufactured and artificially produced pop' it is absolutely wonderful to listen to real musicians playing their own instruments (witnessed at their last concert in Salisbury) with a virtuosity that is sorely missing in music. From the hurdy gurdy to the mandola, this album is a real feast for those that like to listen to real music played on English Folk instruments. Furtjermore, Candice Night's voice on this is a joy to listen to - it is note perfect with a beautifully lyrical and mystical quality, completly at one with the band.

This album is full of 16th Century/Renaissance musical imagery, together with many folk based melodies that will grab at you without any warning - this album is a wonderful blend of all of these. If truth be told, one can immerse themselves in this and drift away to Middle Earth, where surely these folk tales and melodies live on.

The album also contains absolutely wonderful renditions of Uriah Heep's Lady in Black, together with a beautiful rendition of the Rainbow classic Temple of the King. Mention must also be made of the last track as a tribute to Jon Lord.

If you like English Folk and Rennaissance music - get this album.
on 28 March 2016
Such wonderful music I can play Blackmore's Night album's all day long and not get fed up
one can truly chill out and relax to there sweet music just fantastic

It's truly got that touch of traveling minstrels of medieval times and travelling gypsies of old...
Sweet music that dream's are made of about folklore's and old tales from the past with old jugglers
and minstrels in castles and with big feast's

Sorry but once you start playing this album it just takes you... It's just awesome...
I only wish I could give this album Ten Gold Stars so it gets the full Five from me

I think that Blackmore Night are tops for their medieval style music they will truly take some
thing to beat...
I only hope you get to enjoy this music as much as I do.... from
review imagereview imagereview image
on 3 August 2013
If you like Blackmore's Night then you will like this. If you don't, then it won't change your mind - with one possible exception. This album carries on from where others have left off - a selection of tracks that showcase both Blackmore's playing and Night's singing. They're both very very good at what they do. There's not a duff track here, but likewise nothing that soars so high as to make you want to play it to everyone you know. Except, maybe, "Carry On... Jon" which starts as a guitar solo (reminiscent of "The Loner" by Gary Moore) and moves into an extended organ solo in the style of the late Jon Lord (intentionally, as the sleeve notes indicate). This is the track I've played the most from this CD. Other highlights include the title track and "Somewhere Over the Sea".
on 23 June 2013
Just what I expected. Great Album , great sound and Mr Blackmore happy and playing well. Loved the DVD with Ritchie and Candice talking about the songs and singing a few in an acoustic way. Roll on July 5th. I will be there at Guildford but not in medieval gear. Haven't got the legs for it.
on 21 January 2014
Another decent album from Blackmore's Night but I get the feeling that they're either just going through the motions now or are running out of ideas. The music as ever is well played and beautifully sung can't fault the musicianship but I got the feeling when listening to it that I'd heard all before. I love Ritchie Blackmore's playing and Candice Night's singing has got better over the years, she sings with more confidence and as she's aged her voice has filled out. I went to see them on the tour supporting this recording and they were excellent live. Perhaps it's me who's old and jaded and expects too much.
on 26 January 2014
Found this when looking for something else on YouTube. I liked what I heard so bought the CD. This is excellent stuff. As a life-long fan of good musicianship and music that is not exactly mainstream, this fit my tastes exactly. Richie Blackmore is as brilliant as ever and demonstrates that he is more than a hard rock axe-god, displaying subtlety and virtuosity at the same time. Anyone liking the music of Renaissance would be well advised to listen to Blackmore's Night. Candice Night's voice is pure, clean and close in timbre to Annie Haslam. I can only rate this five stars but really it's worth an even higher rating.
on 11 December 2017
Not my favourite album but still contains some great songs. They still know how to knock out a great tune.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Blackmore's Night once again have produced a wonderful album of enchanting music - every track is sheer joy to listen to. The only drawback is the included DVD will not play on either my DVD Plaver (Region Free) or Television/DVD combi. It only plays on my PC and via my x-box (although it sometimes 'sticks' on this too). I may try to copy the DVD via the PC to a USB stick and see if it will play via that (my main TV has a USB input)... we shall see if it works.
on 11 September 2013
Which album is the best Blackmore's Night album? Always the current one. This one suffers from a bit too much of the OYs at the end of some tracks, but is a reminder that this group still has a lot of life left in it. This one is worth the entry if only for The Ash Grove, which was used for a jingle for Newcastle Brown Ale way back in the 60s. The usual blend of heavyish rock and electric folk you expect from this class act.
on 16 August 2013
After listening to this album I find it very refreshing and alive. The first track did not warm to me at first and now it's a firm favorite. I also love the title track and the other original songs - far more than the cover songs - except for the first one which has gone through the Blackmoreizer to come out a more upbeat and catchy number. All in all a great album - just would have loved more songs.