Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Sure Men Maximum Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant is a cream antiperspirant that you smooth onto your underarm and it will give up to 48hrs protection against perspiration. 48hrs!!! Two days worth! That's quite impressive. However most people have a shower or at the very least a flannel wash every day. So the 48hr thing is probably a bit of an overkill.

To use you just twist the little wheel at the base of the antiperspirant for a couple of clicks and smooth it on. The deodorant side of the product is pretty strong, so you really will only want a couple of clicks worth per armpit.

Fragrance wise, I have to say that I'm particularly impressed with the product. It does smell very good. Quite a 'traditional aftershave' kind of scent - but it really is quite pleasing. Both my wife and I like it, so I'm happy.

The product also includes skin moisturising ingredients which is never a bad thing!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This takes a bit of getting used to, if you normally use aerosols. It's a semi-solid stick in a twist up applicator and the instructions call for a couple of twists per underarm. It just doesn't seem like much when you see the little bits of cream poking through the top. It seems to work OK for normal daily activities but some days were a '3 twist' day for me and I felt confident that the cream would see me through.

I don't really suffer from major wetness usually so I can't comment on how effective it is on that score, but for still smelling as fresh at the end of the day as I was at the start I'd say it coped admirably and the scent is quite pleasant but not overpowering. The instructions say to put it on at night to give it a time to develop and start doing it's thing and not wash it off the next morning and that feels very weird to me but I went with it and whatever it's doing through the night seems to keep going through the next day. It claims to last 48 hours but I didn't get that long out of mine. I showered at night and reapplied ready for the next day and didn't wash it off in the shower the next morning. Maybe once I've used it for a few months and start to trust it and get used to it I might feel more comfortable with the 48 hour thing but right now I'm not there yet.

It's a greener product than aerosol deodorants and better for the planet so I'm going to be sticking with this deodorant cream for a while, I think. It's quite a bit more expensive than normal deodorant but with only a couple of twists per application (and if you manage to get the advertised 48 hour protection) it will probably last longer than your usual brand and save money in the long run.
on 5 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
How do you test deodorant well? How's about using it during a trip to London's tourist regions on one of the hottest days of the year? That's exactly what I did with the new `Sure Men Maximum Protection Deodorant Cream' - an extreme test, for an extreme product. I usually use roll on, so was expecting something similar with `Sure Max', but I was in for a surprise. It is more of a deodorant powder that is wet enough to apply. You click the wheel and a little appears at the top, applying the deodorant does not have the reassuring feel of a wet roll on, but it does seem to work.

Over the hot, hot day in London via public transport I remained as fresh and as pleasant smelling as usual (which is better than stinky, but worse than primrose like). The `Sure Max' is said to last 48hrs, but I am not going to go that long without washing and reapplying. However, after giving it a battering for 24hrs I can well believe that it can still do a job a day later (just don't tell anyone you ain't washed).

The only real misgivings I have with the product is that I can't tell if I have applied enough at first as it is so dry and hard to see. Also, with such power comes great responsibility, do we really want a world of people wearing uber-deodorant and never bothering to freshen up?
IS IT THE BEST
==============
Yes, I think it's the best Sure Deodorant there is.

VALUE
=====
For a little extra I thought it was good value. It's about a pound extra than my normal Sure product.

DEODORANT
=========
It does a great job of deodorising. With the familiar sure smell.

ANTIPERSPIRANT
==============
It recommends putting on before bed. It seems to penetrate the pits, in that even after showering it assists with 'perspiration'.

DOES IT COME WITH A TIN
=======================
No. Despite what some other reviewers have hinted at. There is no tin.

RECOMMENDED
===========
on 18 August 2014
A very good underarm anti-perspirant, very powerful and does keep you dry all day long, I do combine it with spray as well for that extra confidence, but it probably doesn't need it, the smell is light so you may want to add something else as well.
on 20 December 2013
I was struggling to find a deodorant that works for me until I came upon this, and I must say its by far the best I have used without question. It keeps me dry for pretty much 48 hours if I didn't shower for a day no one would know it stops all body smell period. Great Product.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Sure Men Maximum Protection Active Antiperspirant Deodorant Cream 45ml is a good purchase mainly because it is nice to use and the effect is a sweat and odour free future which for the men in this house it really needed to be heavy duty deodorant and they did like the fact that they could even depend on it working over the period of 24 hours the only thing they did not like was applying it the night before but they give it a go and could not believe how well it worked. I was shocked also the affect was good as before I was noticing the smell of sweat especially during the recent hot weather but with this deodorant I had no complaints as the smell was clean and fresh throughout the day.
I would highly recommend the Sure Men Maximum Protection to any man especially those who would sweat more than others. One thing I would say with this one though it is more expensive than other deodorants I would say this is more economical as there was no reason extra applicants had to be made throughout the day plus the added bonus of nice discreet smell this is the perfect purchase for those who want to win the war against the body odour which we all hate to smell especially on ourselves.
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave my husband this deodorant to test while we moved house this month. It has been thoroughly tested as he cleared the attic during the midday heat of an english summer day and when clearing an overgrown garden during a typical downpour (during an english summer day..). As far as he is concerned, this is going to be his deodorant of choice from now on. It doesn't stain, applies evenly and without a mess, and smells good after it has been warmed to the body temperature of the wearer. Unlike many other products, this also seemed to genuinely provide protection and reduce wetness over the whole 48hr period. The tub is well designed, the mechanism to twist the cream makes a `re-assuring' click, (his words..), and the cream spreads easily and is not particularly sticky and absorbs quickly. Very difficult to fault, aside from an observation that inorder to make it more environmentally friendly, perhaps in future the tub can be designed as to reduce the amount of plastic used, although I am re-assured that it is all recyclable. An extremely good product and we will definitely be stocking up during our next shop.
VINE VOICEon 1 June 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
That's what I thought it said when I was squinting to read the applicator. I think it says it so much better than "wetness" - and what is wrong with "sweat" or "perspiration", anyway? It is strange how words become politically incorrect... Anyway, I like that this item comes with a foil top under the main one as it means that it hasn't been tested by someone. People always do that in shops. It smells nice, too, but not particularly manly. It is actually a little girly - vaguely floral or clean cotton sheets. I don't suffer from "wetness" under my arms (just my mouth) so it is difficult to judge how well this premium-price product is working. You use it at night before bed (a novelty) and my underarms DO feel squeaky clean the next morning and through the day even after a shower. No moisture or sebum. I use it in the morning too. I'm worried, though, about how long it will last as the recommended amount (two turns) is tiny and it is tempting to use more. You don't feel like you are using any with the two turns. So this initially seems better than a mid-range anti-wetness balm. Edit: used it a week now and it is TOO EFFECTIVE. It feels unnatural for any part of the body to be so dry - you need some lubrication when you move your arms. This product will be a godsend to people with problems with perspiration, but it is too harsh for me.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being someone who normally applies deodorant after my shower in the morning, it came as something of a surprise when it was recommended that this product be applied before you go to bed at night. It is something of a hybrid, not being an aerosol or a traditional roll on type. You twist the screw at the bottom two or three times and this pushes sufficient of the creamy deodorant up top to apply.

It does appear to be effective and the claim is that it builds up protection over a number of days. I particularly liked the fact that the container is a mere 45ml in size which makes it eminently suitable for air travel, since most spray deodorants appear to be 125ml or 175mil, way above the 100ml limit. It is not an overpowering scented smell but more a pleasant, background, soapy smell. This is a product which I liked and which has taken its place in my travel kit.

See one answered question