on 31 October 2014
The Lenovo is great the windows 8 program is frustrating even now 12 months on I can't say I like the program at all. Touch screen is excellent tracks well.

One criticism is the onboard battery - within 6 - 8 months the usable unplugged life was less then 15 minutes not impressed with that I have been told that it is a software issue not the actual battery itself - but if it was replaceable I would have bought a spare at the time of purchase as in my experience laptop batteries are pretty rubbish at lasting any length of time
on 5 November 2013
I received the laptop 3 days after I had placed the order, which was a day before the beginning of the estimated 12-day delivery period, making it stupid for me not to recommend Designer Gadgets if you ever see a product you want sold by them.

I'll get straight to the pros and cons;

+ Very fast, at a great price for the performance (boots within seconds)
+ A lot of storage space, meaning I can store all my games and software without having to worry about space
+ Touchscreen is responsive and what I'd expect from a touchscreen device, even though I hardly use
+ Touchpad is very sleek and easy to use, and is very quiet once you learn not to use the touchpad buttons
+ Keyboard is very comfortable to use, unlike most other flat keyboards I've used with my desktop PC

- Only one audio jack (I know, I should've checked specs beforehand), meaning I needed to buy a splitter to use my headset
- Comes with McAfee and some other bloatware programs, however these can all be easily uninstalled
- Fingerprint magnet, as mentioned in a bunch of other customer reviews
- Don't know if it's something I've done, or just a problem with the software, but the Gesture API for the touchpad doesn't actually begin to work until after about 5 minutes of being booted up

~ Battery life is good for gaming, but not what I expect from a laptop, which is why this opinion of mine is down here, away from the pros and cons, since I wasn't expecting 10 hours of battery life while playing games

Overall, it's a good laptop for a good price, and the cons of it can easily be overcome if you look after your laptop and purchase some cheap additional accessories.
on 24 February 2014
Had to return a Z500 to Amazon 2 months back for a full refund after serious power failure. This is my 2nd Z500. I also nearly returned this one after the touchpad kept going dead. But it's only doing that occassionally. When the touchpad dies, - the touchscreen is still working, so I can save my work and reboot, - taking about 2 minutes. Decided to keep this Z500 with the occassionally occuring touchpad fault - as other than these 2 problems, I really like the laptop. This 2nd one has an I5 processor. Not noticing any speed difference from the I3 Z500 I had a couple of months back. So not worth the extra cash. Only seems to run off the battery for about 3 hours - even with the keyboard back lights turned off and screen brightness turned down to 60% and not running any power hungry apps..I suspect all touchscreens are power hungry.
on 2 October 2013
Very pleased with my purchase....especially at the price of £450.
Nice looking, well made, light up keyboard, fast, touchscreen, decent graphics and a good size hard disk. Still not totally sold on Windows 8 but i guess I'll get used to it.
If you're looking for negatives, it's a touch on the heavy side and battery life isn't that great.
All in all though a very nice little machine for the money paid.
on 19 November 2015
still gets daily use .have had a few problems with windows 10 but nothing that wasnt sorted
on 29 December 2013
The service was very fast and efficient and the quality of the item was excellent. It was a Christmas present and the recipient was absolutely over the moon as it was so easy to use.
on 17 September 2014
Great laptop. Touchscreen more useful than expected.
on 1 September 2014
Using it now to write this review 6 mnths later. takes a god beting from my three year old as well so thmbs up all round!! W8 takes a bit to get used to but the latest update helps a lot!
on 2 February 2014
It's a great laptop but the charger is awful... 6 month of use and the charger died on me on SUNDAY when all the shops are closed..
on 26 August 2013
I've had this laptop for two weeks now and now want to send it back because of the amount of problems im having with it; firstly i have tried to use skype and the laptop just tells me something is wrong with the microphone (no suggestion of how to fix this by changing any settings) tried turning it off and on again to find that it now freezes on the lenovo logo start screen sometimes. Finally I tried watching a tv program on the laptop and with no explanation the audio has just stopped, tried turning it off and on again, then froze on the lenovo logo again, then after trying again to turn off and on again still no sound. i now just want to send it back and will go for a different brand never going for lenovo again!

The laptop has good features, when the mousepad works properly its good and the touchscreen is actually really good but can't be bothered with the rest of the hassle.

See one answered question