Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 24 November 2017
Great album and one of their best efforts for many years. Saw D.P. in 2017 and they were great but didn't perform many, if any tracks off of this classic album. But no matter. We all have headphones. Recommended and get to see the band 'Live' if you can.They,and we are all getting that bit older.
on 25 August 2017
I have followed the band since 1970, and while I would say that I prefer their early stuff, this is a really good album.
Purple fans will love it.
on 18 March 2016
I think is a declined period of Deep Purple - Rapture of the Deep was better-my oppinion
on 30 April 2017
Great album . Purple sounding better than ever !
on 5 November 2017
Excellent Deep Puple album. You will love it!
on 1 May 2017
Play loud 💞💞💞
on 26 August 2017
excellent DP at there creative best!!!!
on 2 September 2014
Their best album since Purpendicular. Very, very good.
on 14 September 2017
Uncommon Men has to be one of the best Deep Purple tracks ever. Up there with the best
VINE VOICEon 2 May 2013
I am by no means a Deep Purple fan, just an occasional listener, but I have to admit I found this album fantastic. The album starts off with a slow ballad, that quickly turns into a classic sounded Purple rocker, with rousing keyboards, riffing, and a fantastic rythmn section - and powerful vocals from Ian Gillan. There are plenty of 'symphonic' moments as well, which is reminsicent of the Jon Lord sound on early albums (The album is dedicated to Mr Lord). By track 4, Hell to Pay, there's more than a hint of 'prog rock' with some rollicking instrumentals - and by Uncommon Man we have lengthy introduction that would have sounded at home on an ELP album.

Just when you think the albums going to descent into riff-laden seventies rock, the band surprised me by adding symphonic sounds, instrumentals and changes of pace. And there's a song about Vincent Price, as well. What more do you want?

Highly recommended to 'casual' fans, and also fans of seventies rock and prog bands. There's so much to enjoy here.