Customer reviews

on 18 January 2014
I came across a track called 'I think of you' on a music video website and was struck by Rodriguez's voice. I then found the Coming From Reality album and was struck by his wordsmith abilities - a blend of Dylan, Donovan and the guitar work of Feliciano. The previous album, Cold Fact, is edgier and more political whilst CFR shows a softer side. Given both of these were recorded in the late 60s/early 70s I just want to say 'where have you been all my life?' The tracks have been played over and over again - if they were vinyl the grooves would have worn through.
on 7 August 2013
I am old enough to have heard of this musician the first time around, but symptomatic of the obscurity Rodriguez found himself in I didn't! A little dated perhaps in style and detail and very much of it's time, but nonetheless powerful and I have been haunted by lyric and melody alike. Stunning!
on 16 January 2014
I love Rodriguez's lyrics. His use of words and phrases is so creative and clever. Nothing ordinary about his music. A must have , I also bought , after watching 2 copies of the incredible movie Searching For Sugar Man so I could share this awarding winning documentary about Sixto Rodriguez. Just wonderful - I can't say enough about it. Call me I'll tell you more
on 2 March 2014
great listening really enjoyed listen to it . really meaningful lyrics.would recomend it to anyone.liked the booklet in with the discs.
on 20 July 2013
Very much hype about the artist who was ignored in his times. Now he is a little more of nostalgia and familiar sounding impressions of Forever Changes. Both the albums are growing by each listening though, and are nice to know.
on 9 December 2013
Having watched in China during a short visit the documentary about this artist, I waqs delighted to be able to purchase this 2 CD set of his first two LP albums.
on 8 November 2013
i had never heard about rodriguez,when i him in Danish tv.in my opinion his lyrics is in dylan-class.i`ll cecomment him to everybody.
on 5 December 2014