Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 15 September 2017
A bit of fun, but beware.... melts in your hand, dries solid in your carpet.
on 19 April 2017
great fun, im not really sure what i will do with this now...
on 29 October 2017
Its a great gadget my friends are amazed by it. Delivery on time, well presented. Thanks team!!
on 24 December 2013
20g is enough to play with, I checked the weight and it was correct (just over 20g). I found that putting it in a tiny teflon-coated pan and pouring hot water over it was the best way to melt it without making a mess and losing any. I wouldn't recommend holding it in your hand! Best to keep the gallium and yourself clean. Once melted, if you leave it to cool, it often supercools, i.e. stays liquid even when it gets to room temperature. Then if you drop a crumb of solid gallium into the liquid, it triggers crystallisation into the nice crystal structure shown in the pic.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 March 2014
Great gift for "nerds" or people who love science. Would also be a big hit for a chemistry demonstration for students.
on 8 December 2015
Do you research into gallium, it will melt in your hand after about five or six minutes. The easiest way I found to melt it was put it in a plastic bag and dunk it in a cup of warm water.
It had an estimated deliver of 10-20 days after delivery and arrived after six days, very pleased! Overall it was fun to play with and the shippers are amazing, just the fact that it took forever to melt.
on 16 August 2015
three little pieces instead of a big one.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 June 2017
If you order a chemical element, and what you get is that chemical element you cannot give other than a 5 star review.
on 6 April 2014
I offered this to my boyfriend and then my brother - 2 frank successes, everybody was fascinated by the gallium and wanted to play with it. I was a bit skeptical myself until I hold the gallium in my hand and watched it melt!
Would definitely recommend it if you have some geeks around you and don't know what to offer them. The seller is great too and wrote me a personalized note as it was my second purchase with them, and the product arrived on time and well packaged both times.
on 20 October 2013
Took awhile to come, although it was from Germany and when it did get here I expected to put it in my hand and have it melt instantly but it took a good 10 minutes of squeezing it tightly and breathing into my hand to get it to melt just a tiny bit.

Not really worth buying.