on 21 August 2012
I needed a cable to connect my new mid 2012 MacBook air to a dell u2412m monitor.

Works fine, no interference issues and being white it stands out from the black cables used for various windows laptops!

Good price and delivered promptly.
on 21 January 2014
Works great with my MacBook Pro with Retina display and a Dell 27" (U2711) just pug it in and off you go at full resolution (2560 v 1440). This a far cheaper and I my view a better solution than the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter at over 80 quid and it take up usb port.
on 10 April 2013
Very very good and most importantly convenient. No more messing about with mini display port adapters for the Macbook Pro. I have a Dell IPS U2412M that I use with my Macbook Pro... and it works like a charm. I cannot claim that I notice any difference in picture quality but it is obviously way better than the VGA conversation that happens with the mini display port to VGA adapter. It's cheap, it's gold plated and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Buy one.
on 1 December 2013
This cable is great. The plugs fit nice and tight and the diameter of the cable is enough to prevent the wires breaking inside.

I use it to connect my Macbook Pro, which has a Thunderbolt socket, to a Dell monitor with a Display Port socket. It works perfectly.

I cannot fault this cable.
on 10 January 2016
Fantastic value. I am achieving 2560 X 1440 resolution at 60Hz output on my Dell Ultrasharp monitor from my Dell Ultrabook (Intel 4000 integrated graphics) that was only able to achieve 1080p on the inbuilt display. What a huge difference this makes to my productivity. I am using windows 10. As soon as cable was plugged in, the display automatically switched to the monitor at the highest resolution. No setup headaches. But this may depend on your operating system.
on 4 March 2016
Love em'.

Be careful with these sorts of leads because they're specialist cables, not many make them and you'll probably find them hard to buy in a regular shop. I tried 4, 2 small computer shops as well as PC World and Staples and no luck. Amazon of course the rescue.

These work well with my Vision Tek graphics card as do the Rankie cables but the StarTech ones don't work. Not saying the StarTech cables aren't good but my hardware didn't like them and this was confirmed by the VisionTek Help desk.
on 15 December 2013
I bought a new monitor to help with editing photographs on my Mac, and then started to look at the best way on which to connect the monitor, as with most they all have the standard HDMI and DVI connections, but as the Mac uses the mini display port I opted for that connection, and I haven't been disappointed, so if you are looking for a monitor for your MacBook, take a look at the Asus range and buy this cable.
on 16 July 2014
It does work with UHD ("4K") resolution at 60Hz with Retina MacBook Pro.

It doesn't seem to fit snugly into the thunderbolt port and feels a little bit flimsy, but otherwise it's OK.
on 29 March 2016
Can't fault it - does exactly what it says on the tin.

I just bought a new iMac with "Thunderbolt 2" connectors (nobody else seems to call them that, other than Apple - not even their own support staff in Ireland BTW), but after a bit of research, I discovered that it's sometimes referred to as a mini-DVI / mini display port.

Bottom line, is I took a chance on this, and am delighted with the result. My 22" HP monitor is now daisy-chained with the main display on the iMac.
on 11 August 2014
The cable itself works great, but for some stupid reason, the Mini Displayport plug is very wide (compared to Apple's cables), which means that when I plug it into my Macbook Air, there isn't space for anything in the USB socket next to the MDP port. Really annoying, especially considering the MacBook Air only has two USB ports as it is.