Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

Lady Antebellum are excellent exponents of country pop at its best. They have not changed what works for them and if you enjoyed any or all of theire earlier albums, you will enjoy this. It keeps up the standard. Nothing really that different save the songs themselves which are again of a uniformly high standard. Better off Now is a rock ballad and builds into quite a song and it is one of the highlights. Downtown is probably the standout song and it bounces along nicely. No song I want to skip over so that in itself says it all. Nothing weak on this album. this is smooth glossy pop country with some substance and lots of quality. A really good listen as have all their earlier albums. Recommended.
on 24 August 2013
I have all their albums, this one by far is the weakest, critics said is their best so far, but to me they are loosing the grip. It is a very flat album. No sparks, no hit songs to remember nor sing with. No "looking for a good time" nor "run to you "style songs, Next time I will check before buying their next album. No more blind purchases with them.
on 7 February 2015
Not as good as Own the Night, about on a par with Need You Now IMHO. My wife thinks it is bland as an album, but it's not that, just something doesn't sit well with it on first listening. It has some cracking songs on it, but even after more than several listens I am struggling to not skip songs, the title song being the, not worst, but least best on the record in my opinion, and it isn't actually a bad song. I think they may have deliberately tried to get more crossover sales with this album and the result is that it doesn't flow as well as it ought to.

Unusually Charles Kelley doesn't have a strong stand out lead on this album, like he did on Own The Night with Friday Night and Singing Me Home or Need You Now with Hello World(one of the best songs I've heard in a long time). He gets Golden on this one, which isn't a bad song it just isn't a strong one for him.

My recommendation would be to listen to it in parts and not try to listen to it all the way through and it will definitely grow on you. Downtown(should have named the album after this one methinks), and It Aint Pretty are stand outs, followed closely by Long Teenage Goodbye(marked down because it sounds more Taylor Swift than I would like) and Goodbye Town, trickling down to Golden and Generation Away at the bottom.

Like I say, in my opinion it has flaws, but is still a good album from a very talented bunch.
on 18 July 2013
I like Lady Antebellum but to me there is no stand out track on this album - nothing like Need You Now for instance. Its Ok for listening to but there is nothing I want to play over and over again at full volume.
on 1 June 2013
Slow start (except for goodbye town) but second half of the album is fantastic! All for love is absolute perfection.
on 13 June 2013
I am a Rock fan, but you just cant help liking this band. Some fantastic songs on here, and a real sign of maturity in the songs, every one a gem and different, at the same time. Definitely one of those albums that will remind you of that period of time. Summer 2013. Great to listen to in the car also. If you like this band, buy this , you will not regret it.
My sister and I love Lady A's music, and what better way to give a gift to her than with their newest CD? I know she's going to love it. Country music at it's best! Downtown will always be my favourite song to listen to from Golden, but some of their slower songs are so beautiful, too.
on 3 June 2013
Seriously, buy this album!! Lady Antebellum are a fantastic band who produce really great music! I have all their other albums and each time they just keep getting better! I really didn't think it was possible after "Own The Night" but it clearly is; I can't stop playing this album! I've already converted 3 friends to Lady A and I won't stop til everyone is a fan!
on 28 January 2014
One of the new up and coming Pop Country Western groups which brings Country and Western music into modern day music. Love the sound and quality of the music, the group presentation is easy on the eyes too :-)
on 9 May 2013
Have only listened to it a couple of times at this stage & I like it, very easy to listen to. Only 4/5 thoughts, at this stage, it hasn't grabbed me the way the previous release did. Its a must though for Lady A fans.