on 28 December 2013
I read the reviews before buying this product and was impressed. The house itself is ok my daughter loves it especially the different sound effects. The criticism I have is the instructions, they were terrible, it took two of us 3 hours to assemble because the instructions were unclear, especially with regards to the lift and how to string it together. It was a nightmare. Also the moving wardrobe is very difficult to move as the top level is slightly warped, it doesn't fit together very we'll on the third floor. Other than that I'm happy with the purchase.
on 16 October 2013
I have bought the Barbie dream house for my daughters Christmas present. This item arrived very quickly and put together easy enough with the help of You Tube as the instructions you get with it are not that clear. This product seems well made what with lifts and tv this should put alot of playing hours in for her, money well spent. Just got to keep it hid which is not easy as it is big in size but in all very happy and I would recommend this.
88 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2015
My Daughter loved this rather expensive Barbie play house. The instructions were sort of useful, but not useful enough, you had to guess certain elements yourself. The only thing I had to complain about was some of the small pieces were loos within the box, which resulted in some broken pieces and a couple of snapped plastic bits which were easily fixed, but could be resolved by taping everything securely in the box.

The open floor plan is actually better than have closed walls to the house as you can easily play with the dolls and interact with the houses many features.

My Daughter loves the sounds and the pull string lift section to get Her Barbies to all 3 floors.

9 out of 10, good buy, but at £200, it was rather an expensive Christmas present, but my Daughter was worth it!
on 4 August 2014
I took this gift up for my grandaughters b/day last week and it took 2 adults to put it together, it really was a nightmare, and eventually after most of the morning we put it together, but the lift does not work properly and the barbie doll does not fit in the lift, a real pain and I would not recommend it to anyone .I certainly thought for the price it would have been more sturdier
on 22 December 2014
Very happy about my delivery my lil grl is going to be soooo excited can't wait too see her expression on her face
on 29 June 2014
I returned this product as I am not a fan of this new style Barbie Dream House. On the surfaces it has a trellis like top on which item can be popped into. The downfall of this is that all the small items i.e. food cartons do not have a flat base but a little popper bottom, thus they do not stand up straight if you use them anywhere other than the house surfaces that have the trellis feature. Big design flaw in my opinion. Item returned and I bought the 2012 version instead.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 December 2013
Spent over two hours today putting this together for my
daughter. For the most part the instructions are useless.

I was rather perturbed to find that whilst some of the smaller
components were in bags, others were just chucked in the box,
so not the greatest omen!

I found a YouTube video guide, but even that missed out
some of the stages. I resorted to a combination of internet,
pictures on the box and intuition ... I also had to do a lot
of 'walking away' before I lobbed it out into the garden.

As another reviewer suggests; put it together the night
before if it's a gift.

Now that its all together my daughter really REALLY likes
it and there's masses of things to play with. One piece is
missing (a clothes hanging bar)so I'm going to find out if
spare parts are available.

Oh! and this thing is pretty big; around 1.1 metres high
and wide, and around 0.5 metres deep!

26/12/13: Did the stickers today ... most go inside and are
very difficult to apply accurately (there's mostly a recessed
moulded boundary with around a millimetre excess tolerance
all around. Don't try and peel them off if it's going wrong
because they'll tear. The outside of the house is easy going.

Had to refer to the shockingly bad instructions for this aspect
of Christmas torture ... the location of sticker 21 is hidden on
the very back of the instructions in calculated isolation.

My daughter loves it even more; and me ...?

05/01/14: Unless you live in a very big house (in the country?)
don't buy this ... it's HUGE.
on 23 November 2013
Price has gone up AGAIN! That's an increase of £75 in the space of just a few days.
Where's your Christmas spirit?
1010 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2013
So my daughter wanted this for Christmas and I bit the bullet and paid almost £200 for it. It took 2 of us 4 hours to put together - goodbye Christmas Eve and I feel sorry for any kid getting it boxed on Christmas Day!!! The instructions were useless so it was only the YouTube video that made it possible and that misses out several crucial stages so we had to work those out. It does have lots of great accessories and features but it's not very well made and is pretty flimsy. You have to add stickers in tricky places after assembly - why it doesn't tell you to do them first while you can get to the right places I don't know! The elevator is very complicated to complete. We did it after watching tutorial serval times and it works but my guess is not for long. I would expect an electronic elevator for this prove but it's operated by a string pulley system which is inevitably going to break in the hands of six year olds. The worst feature is the doors. They are weak, easily come off and don't close easily so just sort of flap there with no proper way of stopping at the close position. I think Mattel need to work a lot harder for the money. It just feels totally exploitative and suckers like me who want their kids lives to be magical are easy to exploit!!!!
on 22 December 2013
I have bought this for christmas ....It is very big and as always is very clever with all the different things that it does ...If you are giving it as a present I would make it up first and then wrap it because it takes quite a while to put together.. The instructions are not the best but.there are a few videos on you tube that will help especially with the lift pulley ...just put in Barbie Dreamhouse 2013 ... Good luck