1,176

on 26 December 2012
3.44 MB/s is the best write speed I could get out of this drive. I bought it to put videos on and keep in my DVD player but when it takes 15 min to transfer 1 movie it makes it a bit of a mission to fill up the drive. It wouldn't be be a problem if using it to store smaller files but I would not recommend this drive for video media.
44 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 March 2014
Got this to replace my sandisk 16GB Micro USB. The difference between the two is night and day. While the sandisk one isn't lightening fast when writing files to it, it is still miles ahead of this Kingston device. My tests between the two were carried out on the same PC.

Very disappointed in it and will be replacing it soon.
on 4 April 2014
Unfortunately when I plug the device on my Kia Rio 2012 USB slot it shows "Reading" for a second then shows "Reading error" and that's it.
If I pull the device out a few millimetres it does sometimes read. I have made sure the formatting and mp3 files contained comply with the car's specifications. However it works on my Windows laptop.

Kingston technical services has suggested to return it to the supplier as it complies with the manufacturer specifications for computers.
55 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2013
Bought two of these for storing and playing back music. 16Gb in a tiny package - pretty amazing - I wanted the small package so that it would be inconspicuous in the car (on a new USB stereo). It works exactly as you would anticipate - no issues at all. However, both units seem pretty flimsy to me. When I extract the stick from a USB slot, the black plastic casing moves relative to the metal insert. I am able to press it back into place and it has not detached completely (so far!), but I am left wondering how long it will last before it does come apart.

So far it is working fine - just a bit concerned it may not last due to poor build quality.
on 14 March 2014
Brilliantly small, but very very very slow considering the size (64GB) if your going to use it to store photos or music then I wouldn't bother. But if your just using it for small document then it would be fine.
Don't go thinking oh I have 8GB of RAM it'll be fine....... Cause that's what I did
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2014
Brought this product as i have usually found Kingston USB products to be ok. Arrived on time and that was the only positive thing I can say about this product really. After a couple of times plugging in and out of USB ports , and it doesn't fit very well, very tight to plug in, the thing started to come apart. It's basically a poor fit into USB ports. Do not waste your time buying this product.
on 12 July 2016
I bought this to use in my other half's new car which has a socket for streaming music from a USB drive. I went for the small option as it won't get in they way (as with any device it's used on) limiting the risk of snapping it off. The drive comes with a cover to keep dust out of it when not in use. People who struggle with grip may want to be aware that it's not got a lot of area to grip onto when trying to remove it , but other than that I can't fault it.

Read write times are comparable with any other drive out there in this category, it looks great and does exactly what it needs to.

All opinions and photos are my own and the rating has not been influenced. Please feel free to ask questions if you have them and I will do my best to answer them. If you feel this review has been helpful, please click the button below.
on 25 January 2014
I purchased this to cerate a windows 8.1 backup system image and it worked without an issue. Please be aware that with windows 8.1 unless you reset the disk partitions you will get errors stating you do not have enough disk space on the device you are backing up to, this is due to certain drives now not having drive letters and a couple of other things.
However I have a HP Split and this comes with a one time backup option but in many cases an HP being one of these you cannot use a flash drive larger than 32GB as the backup software does not recognise anything bigger. I initially purchased a 64GB with hop I could create a flash drive and then also add file history to it.
For those who have had problems this little device works great with windows 8.1 but I MUST WARN I did use the HP backup software and not the windows 8.1 built in backup.
The device is simply plug and go and has no problems with communicating with the O/S, a typical ne install of windows 8.1 with MS SQL Express and visual studio ( web and desktop) installed the total image size was 14GB.
I will be buying another one now as the device is so small it can easily be plugged into my HP split in tablet mode and not be an issue from a size perspective giving me extra on the go storage for project files and such like.
on 8 April 2014
I bought two of these for my in car system, both failed withing 24 hours. Not just faulty but dead, Amazon have really good returns service and I was able to replace them with two SanDisk Cruzer Blade devices and they are perfect.
on 11 June 2014
Have converted a lot of my music from wma to Mp3 and transferred it on to this device. I had a new digital radio installed in my car last year and decided to use the USB connection. Love the fact I can listen to all my music without having to change a CD all the time. Great little buy - haven't even used all the space on it so plenty of room for more!