on 19 July 2013
I was looking for a soundbar and looking at the usual products, however, wasn't really happy with the width of the soundbars. During a websearch I came across reviews for this product and was immediately taken by the small width of the soundbar as well as having the wireless connection to the woofer that I was also looking for.

As all the reviews state, this is an excellent quality product and I'm really pleased that I found this product. The sound quality is excellent and the ability to manually adjust the volume of the woofer means that it is easy to tailor the sound to the room it is being used in. In addition the Bluetooth source input also makes this an excellent speaker for playing music or sound from vidoes from a Bluetooth enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet. It's really convenient not having to plug the tablet into a cabled input!

The build quality is excellent and both the soundbar and woofer have an excellent finish to it. Some of the reviews didn't rate the remote control that highly, but I don't have any issues with using it and it's more than adequate for its intended purpose.

I would 100% recommend this product and what's more it's from a British company!
on 4 September 2013
I bought a new bluray player, and so it was time for me to finally upgrade my sound. Their is no point having a bluray if your only going to listen to it through rubbish t.v. speakers. So I did a bit of looking around, browsing online at reviews and also recommendations from friends. After considering the options of 2.1 surround, 5.1, wired, wireless, etc, I'm glad to say I am happy with my choice. Orbitsound have built an excellent product. The speaker and subwoofer are shiny, robust, sleek looking pieces of kit. Most soundbars are quite long, so although shorter, makes up for it in width, but it fits just right, in front of my t.v. The subwoofer stands happily to one side on the floor. All I have to do, is turn both of them on, an they find each other within seconds wirelessly via Bluetooth. The soundbar sounds brilliant, highlighting everything you want to hear, and it doesn't matter where your sat. The subwoofer adds the kick. With a simple adjust of the bass or treble, you can alter how much 'boom' you wanna add to your sound. Ive even connected it via Bluetooth to my laptop at a bbq, and the music sounded incredible. Even turned up really loud, the sound quality remained crystal clear with plenty of bass.

The price is justified by not only its sound quality, but the joy of connectivity to any device with Bluetooth.
One down side to this, was when I tried having the subwoofer placed in a higher position in my living room on a cabinet. Becase of its higher position, it came into contact with other signals, either my router or other sources, and that causes the bass to drop in and out, then you have to reset the speaker at the back of each one to find reconnect. However, I found a better place for it on the floor in a safe place and it no longer suffers with any interference. Im guessing it was more susceptible being higher off the ground. It sound better on the floor anyway, as the sound travels acroos the floor and you can feel the difference as well.

Well worth your money, and it came delivered real quick too, two days after I ordered it lucky me! The product was very well packaged, they have taken great care to protect the subwoofer and soundbar. Absolute quality.
If you don't want wires trailing around your room, and you want something fun, accessible and attention grabbing sound quality, look no further.
on 3 May 2013
I'm changing my first, good, review to this one.

the product seemed good and sounded good, which i what you want.

the trouble started when the subwoofer stopped working. it paired, but was silent.

it took ages not get orbit sound to respond, and then another long time before they said they could do something about it. they promised a replacement subwoofer and, when i asked if it would be new, they said it would.

the day of the delivery came, and i waited in. at 3.00pm , my phone have one ring and hung up. i returned the call. it was orbitsound to say that the delivery van hadn't collected the item the previous evening, so it would come to me a day late. when i asked why i'd waited in all day and they'd known by 9.00am that it wasn't coming the woman said that she'd been too busy to call me.

it came today, and, while it works, it certainly isn't new. it's scruffy, with finger-marks on the control panel, scuffed case with the finish rubbed off, and lint around the speaker panel where they've tried to clean it. terrible piece of kit. it wasn't even in the proper packaging but some bubble wrap and polystyrene they'd packed around it.

NEVER BUY FROM ORBITSOUND
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 September 2013
Easy to use, good sound quality for the price with "warmth" and depth. It's the best of the compact sound bars I've l;istened to by some way.
on 29 December 2013
I had been into HiFi with having owned some top end gear (like Linn & Naim) in the past.
I bought this soundbar from another supplier due to being £50 cheaper.
I have set it up using optical for the TV and phono for a bluray player.I also used the Bluetooth to connect to a HTC flyer I use for storing bought CD's in mp3. I have had the HTC connected to Onkyo mini system via a Logitech Bluetooth converter.
The sound via the optical is not to bad and better connected to the blueray via the phono. The music via the Bluetooth is not as good as my Onkyo and I will not be using the soundbar for music in the future.
So.....not bad for TV and DVDs, not so good for music
on 15 December 2016
I was excited about using this for Spotify ad it sounded great in store.

Unfortunately the Bluetooth subwoofer keeps cutting out due tk bluetooth signal interruption it seems. I've tried switching to every channel and the sub is 7 feet from the unit with direct line of sight. But every time someone walks across the room or someine moves or leans the wrong way in the chair next to the sub the bass cuts out. This is incredibly my frustrating :(

Additional I'm disappointed with the sound quality as it sounds like the music is playing at the end of a tunnel. We have a £50 creative labs PC speaker set that gebuinely sounds better than this. We even blinded each other and played the same track through both speakers in the same room and the orbiysound was marginally less rich sounding , which at 6 times the price is gauling.
on 6 December 2013
We were always having trouble hearing the dialogue when watching plays on TV so decided to purchase a soundbar as it was recommended by a friend, we are very pleased with it plus it's quite compact, the one downfall is that once you get the volume right for the dialogue, when there's a commercial break where there's music the sound is quite deafening.
on 12 December 2013
quick delivery nice piece of kit does exactly what it is meant to do very pleased now able to hear the tele more clearly
on 7 April 2014
I am a little disappointed with the Bluetooth connection between the main speaker unit and the sub. I have re-paired it a number of times and it currently seems to be ok, but I was close to returning it! Lovely sound though.
on 15 November 2016
Great sound quality and easy to use. Occasional loss of connectivity between the sound bar and the bass speaker is irritating but may in part be due to its position.