• Customer reviews

on 12 October 2017
I used this on my *really* beat up old Dr martens and it worked really well. Smoothed out scuffs and scrapes, moisturised the leather. It smells nice, like coconuts. A small amount goes a long way. It also comes with a small applicator sponge.
review image
11 people found this helpful
on 18 November 2015
My new Doc Marten shoes where giving me real grief at the back of my ankles but regular application of the wonder balsam has softened the leather. Combined with wearing two pairs of socks (so the outer pair rub over the inner) I no longer get blisters and have been able to break-in my new shoes!
12 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2016
This stuff is fantastic, not only does it protect the boots it also helps soften them up, well worth purchasing.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 May 2018
This is great dubbing - I have quite a few pairs of DM's of various colours and styles and this can be used on all leather boots as far as I am aware. I used a toothbrush to rub the dubbing into the stitched areas just to make sure I waterproofed that area as much as possible. I used the sponge that is included to rub the dubbing in on the rest of the boot. It's easy to apply and a little goes further than you might think. It is a little expensive but I figure it's a worthy investment to keep my boots nice and dry. I would recommend this product.
on 23 August 2016
This item does not have a "fitting issue" as I was asked how it fits. Well in a tin! Lol. Great stuff not just for doc martens but for all types of leather shoes. Really does give the shoe a shine, whilst being protection, and it does soften and nourishes the leather well!
on 20 May 2018
I'm a Dr Martens collector. I have lots of boots and shoes. The balsam works on all of them, both the matt and shiny ones. It revives the old docs and cleans up the new ones with little effort. I've even used it on an old and battered red satchel and it made the satchel look like new.

If you love your Docs, get some. You won't regret it.
on 17 May 2015
Easy to use with incorporated sponge applicator. This balm keeps your leather shoes clean, supple and shiny. I never liked polishing and put it off as long as possible but applying this balm is easy. A quick wipe over each morning and I am away with nice looking shoes.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 September 2015
Got this for my Doc Martens shoes and boots and I do have loads of them.
I also use this on my Radley bags and its cheaper than the official Radley treatment, and in truth is virtually the same stuff and found a few years on no problems. So don't be conned with paying more for the Radley cream treatment stuff and get this stuff for the bags and yer shoes.
on 28 December 2015
I found this while looking for new dr martins boot. which I have yet to buy.
I bought it on the strength of the reviews. I am not disappointed. I used it to restore,
my old dr martins which I had been using for gardening & diy. it did a good job
but I couldn't get the shine back. I can recommend this product.
on 1 January 2018
This is probably the best quality leather preservative/waterproofer on the market, but also the most expensive (the small tin is only half full). A nice touch is the inclusion of a sponge applicator in its own tray inside the tin. I have used this on leather belts and shoulder straps as well as my Doc Marten desert boots with great success.