Customer reviews

on 18 July 2017
on 3 September 2014
granddaughter loves it
on 30 April 2013
Its absolutely lovely! ...I bought this for my 5yr old, ballet mad, granddaughter, ....she dances in front of it,.and she hasn't put it down! ...
For her birthday I will be buying some more of this range of goods.
Very Very Happy! :)
on 22 March 2013
I'm loving how the Barbie movie franchise keeps going from strength to strength, after the awesome Popstar movie we move on to a more old skool style Barbie offering but done with great quality and attention to detail.

Loved the story, they certainly crammed a lot in! But basically it's a journey back in time to a dreamlike magical realm where the strict ballet teacher morphs into the Snow Queen.

I think some ballet knowledge would probably help before you watch this. I'm no ballet aficionado, in fact all my ballet knowledge comes from previous Barbie DVDs but your family might enjoy it more if they know a few of the stories/characters or seen the Barbie DVDs from Swan Lake, Nutcracker etc beforehand. (note to self: read the story of Giselle before second viewing)

It's probably the funniest Barbie DVD to date too, I LOL'd a few times.

On the whole very pleased with it, already looking forward to seeing it again.
on 27 March 2013
As with any of the Barbie films, this is great. My daughter loves it and spends all her time dancing!! Would reconmend it to any one with a little girl who loves Barbie or the ballet!!
on 13 November 2013
I bought this DVD to add to my Barbie film collection! I don't care who knows that I'm an adult that will never grow up! There are always wonderful lessons inside every Barbie film and this one is no exception. I love ballet and this movie just brings it all to life in rich colour and wonderful story telling. I loved the music too! The song for the film always makes me fill up. The words are so touching. All the classical pieces are played beautifully. There are some lovely touches in the film and plenty that raises a chuckle. One of my favourite scenes is at the ball for the Prince when Kristen turns from a swan back into a woman and dances alongside Odile to win the prince. Fabulous choreography! I can watch this film over and over again. Adults could learn a lot from these films! Here's too all us little girls, young and old. Barbie touches us all!
on 10 April 2013
My daughter has the whole collection and this one did not disappoint. It is such a shame they only come out a couple of times a year.
on 13 February 2014
But my daughter loves it!! Aged 7 yrs, she is addicted to these bright, gentle films. Lots of nice music to dance to, no real "threat" or nasty incidences, Keeps her fully absorbed for the entire length of film & provides an easy choice for "Home Cinema" treat with her friends. A must for any Barbie fan
on 22 March 2014
I watched this film with my 2 daughters and we all absolutely loved it was such a lovely story and we all love ballet dancing and daughters go to ballet too. We will definitely want to buy more Barbie films in the future as they are really well done.