on 27 October 2014
I love Eddie Izzard, I do. We have all his live shows on DVD, I nearly died laughing at 'Dress to Kill', but 'Force Majeure' sadly misses the mark for me. It doesn't have the glorious tempo of his other live shows. It's a real pity. I don't feel compelled to watch it again the instant it's finished, a real sign that it isn't one of his greats.
He looks fabulous though, like he's just come off the set of 'The Riches'.
I'm hoping this is just a blip and he'll be back on form with his next offering.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2017
I actually got to watch this during the manufacturing of the Blu-Ray. I had to stifle my laughter as I was sat at my work station in the middle of the production office. That was hard work as this live set is very funny. The deleted scenes too are also worth a watch.
Very well written material from Mr Izzard and extremely well delivered in his slightly drunk like way..
on 29 December 2016
I would like to write a good review as I consider Eddie Izzard as one the best comedians around but this one is poor. For 1 hour 25 minutes he rambles and gives the impression that he has forgotten his entire script and is making it up on the fly. I kept thinking that once he had warmed up he would become vintage Izzard which makes him so good but he never turned up. If you have never watched him before then try this DVD but if you have watched his previous ones, then this will disappoint you as it is so far away from his usual quality you will be left thinking is this actually Eddie Izzard or does he have body double trying his hand at comedy for the first time.
on 2 April 2014
Saw this live then also bought the disc for the missus as she's a massive fan. I'll probably join hundreds of others who prefer the early work. I'm getting a bit bored of the whole bible/monarchy/tv material. Not sure there's anything new due to his personal style.. which is great at times. I'm sure Mrs Crabtree gets a mention on this.. which sums it up.
Good show - a bit of fun, but like most stand-up, how many times can you watch it? Buy if at a reasonable cost.
(better than sexie in my opinion)
One person found this helpful
on 13 July 2017
100% awesome all round! I'm very happy with my purchase! My daughter loves it! Arrived fast and well packed! Reccommended seller! 5* Thank you very much!
on 13 January 2018
Delivery OK would have been a five star if my french were better
on 17 January 2015
Went to see Eddie Izzard perform this live with the finance as she loves the humour and I really enjoyed it. Thought I'd get her the DVD of it as it's something we both enjoyed.. Not seen a massive amount of Eddie Izzard before but the Star Wars sketch with the trays is brilliant..
on 15 February 2018
A really good, very funny Eddie Izzard performance. One for the collection.
on 4 November 2016
After viewing some of his better ones, I have to say this is acceptable but not brilliant. Nothing like seeing him live!
on 9 February 2018