Customer reviews

Marin's Dale
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 7 November 2013
Marin's Dale is an interesting novel (or novella) about the psychological impact of the unknown. I like the fact that the author doesn't fall into the crutch of typical zombies or the same repeated scripts. The enemy is, in many ways, very unique and the senses of this peaceful Colorado city, bordered by mountains, leaps into your mind.

I think the plot is more about the journey than the destination, and readers looking for a cookie-cutter plot that all comes together may be disappointed. That said, a very great and original story. It certainly creeped me out and got me thinking.
on 10 September 2013
From the opening line, "When it happened, it happened with enough force to kill everything," Marin's Dale by Evan Bollinger you know you're in for a wild ride and the in the hands of a great storyteller. This is an eerie, suspense filled tale with intense characters and enough real surprises to ruin your sleep. Reading it feels like watching a movie. I don't want to give any thing away except to say, read it in the daytime.
on 30 September 2013
This book was not what I expected. It didn't have a nice, perfect ending, and Michael and Tyler turned out to have an evil side that I DID NOT see coming. I really enjoyed the scary way the author pulls you into the thoughts and worlds of these characters--you feel like you are floating along right beside them. It's a different kind of style and I hope the author writes another book along these lines. Great imagination.
on 4 September 2013
NOT FOR KIDS -- This novel is full of strange happenings and alien-like things. These aren't your typical grey men and the characters aren't your typical happy-go-lucky people. It' a very deep psychological horror with a monstrous finish. Yikes...
on 8 October 2013
This was pretty gripping. The story is left open which might anger some readers, but I found it great on the imagination. Even has some philosophical implications; ie, free will vs. determinism. cool stuff
on 1 April 2015
Sorry couldn't take to this book. Chapter 3 was completely lost. I couldn't make out if was science fiction,crime,zombie s gave up
on 23 September 2013
Marin's Dale is one of those rare sci-fi/horrors with intense imagery. There are lots of scary books that are driven by flimsy characters who scream and flee at the slightest provocation. This book is nothing of the sort. As others have mentioned, the characters are complex and the enemy (if you will call it that) is highly original. This is a young author with a bright future!
on 1 October 2013
Although it took me little bit to really get into the story, once I did I didn't regret it. This was a very engrossing story of strange, terrible things happening to very real people. I liked the cop most, but the sewer worker and autistic genius were very interesting too. I would not recommend this to young people. It is, however, a very dark and engrossing book. Good horror
on 24 September 2013
The first thing I noticed about Marin's Dale was its originality and how bone chilling it was. The mystery and creepiness never seemed to relent, and although the ending wasn't exactly what I was expecting, it definitely leaves things open for another book. I hope that the author continues because I feel like the eeriness has just begun...
on 25 September 2013
Interesting enough, or should I say "Creepy" enough, the author really had me intrigued with his originality on this piece of horrifying work. The plot was intelligently written and at times I thought I was reading a real story. I almost numbered 2 in my pants and I seriously had to sleep with my lights on for being too scared of the character. If you're a lover of graphical, freaky stories, then I highly recommend this book. Looking forward to more stories from this author.