on 26 June 2013
I bought this adapter for a special research and development communications project. It works great straight out of the package, Windows immediately recognized it and installed the drivers as expected. It's fast and does the job very efficiently as you would expect. This device might be larger than the Apple equivalent adapter but is does the job well and seems much faster data through put than that of the Apple adapter; size may be dictated by the ASIX AX88179 chip which as 68 pins and peripheral components hence the speed and ability at the cost of just a slightly larger adapter? This is a good value high speed USB 3 to Ethernet adapter.
on 15 September 2017
Ok, so I've only been using this for two hours(!) but I thought I'd pop a quick review to help fellow customers.

I can confirm it works straight out of the box with no configuration needed with Raspberry Pi3 and Debian Jessie.I simply shut my Pi down plugged it in booted back up and voila! Raspbian showed a new network card (eth1). Sweet. Yet to workout exactly what speed it's running at but it's faster than the on-board eth0 (which is 10/100). It will be limited to the USB 2.0 bus speed of 480 mbps.
on 2 June 2017
This was an excellent buy
fantastic quick delivery
on 28 August 2014
Another example of a simple product, which does what it says on the tin. This product has become invisible to my day to day office life. It provides fantastic network transfer rates, has a great build quality.

The LEDs on the product are visible and useful. I would buy this again in a flash
on 16 February 2015
Using this with a Toshiba Chromebook. Didn't need any drivers for it, was instantly recognized and worked out of the box.
It gives me the same speed as any of the ethernet adapters in my other PCs.

Very pleased with it.
on 13 April 2015
Good Solid Product, plugged in to my laptop but not recognised on my W7 enterprise 64b SP1. Pointing to the driver CD supplied with the USB Ethernet adaptor worked fine though.
Adaptor worked great allowing me to connect to my company network and configure devices on a private LAN at the same time.
on 30 December 2014
Now that I have 162 mbit broadband, I needed this as my laptop network card only manages 100mbit. This lets me use my Virgin cable broadband to it's full potential for very little cost. Just plug & play with no need for drivers.
on 2 June 2017
neat little adapter. Note that the product images on the Amazon website show that it has green & amber LEDs (to indicate the connection speed), whereas the product supplied does not have these. So It still functions the same though, even if the adapter is a more basic version than the one advertised.
on 29 June 2016
Bit flimsy on the build quality, but it does the job. Nice and fast. Has a proper magnetically isolated RJ45 socket, too.
on 3 June 2015
It did what it said - unfortunately it did not do what I had hoped, which was the reverse - ie change USB output to RG45 input