Customer reviews

Size: USB 3.0|Colour: White|Change

on 26 June 2013
I bought this adapter for a special research and development communications project. It works great straight out of the package, Windows immediately recognized it and installed the drivers as expected. It's fast and does the job very efficiently as you would expect. This device might be larger than the Apple equivalent adapter but is does the job well and seems much faster data through put than that of the Apple adapter; size may be dictated by the ASIX AX88179 chip which as 68 pins and peripheral components hence the speed and ability at the cost of just a slightly larger adapter? This is a good value high speed USB 3 to Ethernet adapter.
on 2 June 2017
neat little adapter. Note that the product images on the Amazon website show that it has green & amber LEDs (to indicate the connection speed), whereas the product supplied does not have these. So It still functions the same though, even if the adapter is a more basic version than the one advertised.
on 2 June 2017
This was an excellent buy
fantastic quick delivery
on 11 June 2017
Good
on 2 July 2017
Does not work.
on 23 March 2017
Worked as described. Very useful piece of equipment if you do not have a standard ethernet port.
on 11 March 2014
I had bought a significantly cheaper ethernet adapter prior to this (which I have also reviewed) which simply would not work, so I ended up having to splash out a little more on this one. Thankfully this one has worked a treat since I managed to get the drivers installed, which brings me to the only issue with this item.

I bought this item, as I suspect most people will, for use with a windows 8 ultrabook which does not have an ethernet port, for when there is no wifi around. It is worth noting at this point that ultrabooks also don't have disc drives, so providing the required drivers to run this ethernet adpater on a disc is most certainly not a good idea. In order to get this adapter to work I had to go to a library with wifi and download the drivers, which wasn't really a problem per se, since I love libraries, but it was a time waster, and a rather annoying diversion just to get the product to work. I guess this is just my fault for getting an ultrabook though.

Anyway, once the drivers were installed the adapter worked a treat, and has continued to work ever since. Wired internet download speeds for me in the centre of Edinburgh through this adapter are at 40mb, so I'm definitely happy with the product and it doesn't seem to slow down the wired internet in any form (as long as it is connected to a USB 3.0 port). Just a quick additional point, I have no idea what the speeds would be like, or whether they would be any different at all through a USB 2.0 port. Just something to bare in mind before purchasing.
on 15 June 2016
Perhaps it is me. I cannot get it to work.
on 17 June 2014
I got this Ethernet Adapter for my Acer Chromebook C720. I have had no problems with it. I would highly recommend to everybody.
on 15 May 2014
Well made for price - value for money - clean robust design. Works well even with windows 8.1 recommended product