on 23 July 2017
I was really pleased with this book, great writing and very precise descriptions given. Having lived for over thirty years in Dagenham I found the stories thrilling. I'm especially sorry for PC George Clark who was brutally murdered, by maybe another Police Officer
Great book
on 19 August 2017
interesting
on 30 October 2007
This collection of true crime stories was a great read. The authors know how to lay out the facts and flesh out the characters and with so much information about the local streets, farm, towns and the working lives of the inhabitants there is little doubt that this part of Essex is known and well understood by them.

The stories were varied and sometimes troubling when you reviewed the outcomes, but that aside, I would suggest that many family historians would find this book interesting, as the many references to local residents, jurors etc., and the description of the towns could prove useful.

Following their first book, the 'Golden Dagger Award' winning 'The Dagenham Murder', the authors have continued to find great local stories with national interest and now I look forward to what comes next!
on 21 February 2014
I was born and raised in Dagenham so I was extremely interested in reading theses story's. Being a local there are a few story's that I'm already familiar with as they are taught to every primary school child in the local area, but there were also a few that I hadn't heard before which I found quite interesting. I think with books of this nature it is always better if the reader can identify the places that they are reading about, which is why I believe it would appeal mostly to local residents such as myself. I think that it's great when books like this come out because every time I hear some one talk about our sleepy little town I tell them to dig deeper and they'll find a history to our town that is sometimes scary but often fascinating.
on 6 March 2014
Bought this for my son for Christmas...it was on his wish list....as he was brought up and still lives in Dagenham,...he says he thoroughly emjoyed it...and I am now looking foreward to reading it...
on 20 October 2013
i really enjoyed this book. i've read a few from this series and found this to be the so far. the stories are short but very informative. well worth the money.
on 18 December 2013
very interesting book as I was born in Barking but moved when I was 2 years old. This was a real eye opener as to the lives of the real EastEnders.
on 27 January 2014
Found this book to be full of interesting facts. It is in short stories so easy to pick up and put down when needed.
on 17 February 2016
Have two of these books, great presents for people who like murder mysteries and history. Bought for father in law who has lived in these areas his whole life. Yet to give him it but until bday I have been glued.
on 19 July 2016
I have read it in 2013 when someone lent it to me,and now again when it was bought for me,I really enjoy history and this is very thought provoking.