on 10 November 2013
Quite enjoyable to play, adds are not too intrusive. I find I am lacking information about the different units, which could help to decide how to play.
on 31 May 2013
This is good, very good. Would have been an immediate 5 stars if it wasn't for the constant bombardment of adds even after paying over £3 for it. I bought it for my Kindle after trying the free version on my smart phone. When I buy an app/game I expect the adds to disappear. The retreat of player units would be better handled manualy, at present retreats seem pretty random and normaly leave units totaly exposed (unless they belong to the AI).
If the devs sort this out it would be near perfect as it is very challenging (to me).
on 16 January 2014
This game offers a great strategic experience. For the money you get a game with a good depth of tactics. Missions have the potential to be won via different strategies, and it's often fun to defeat a superior force by out-manoeuvring than direct combat.

Overall the gameplay is smooth although there are a couple of drawbacks. Firstly, there doesn't seem to be an option for picking specific individual units in your armies. For example, if I have assembled 6 infantry units into one group and one battalion is decimated, I can't pick that individual unit in order to retreat it. Secondly, retreating after defeat is random, meaning suffering units sometimes doom themselves by retreating 'the wrong way' (although I guess one could argue that the unit lost its avenue of retreat when it was bested by the enemy.)

Despite these drawbacks I'd recommend this game (maybe try the free version first).
on 2 September 2013
I don't know why everyone says you get bombarded with ads on this game theirs barely any. The game is very well thought out with loads of different allied or axis battles. Worth the £3.27.
on 23 October 2013
I love this game. The mechanics are spot on and the levels are well thought out and sized perfectly for mobile gaming.
However, I felt I had to deduct one star because of the inclusion of the ads in a paid game. They don't detract from the gameplay, but when paying for a game after trying the demo, I would have preferred there to be no ads.
on 13 January 2014
which is why I bought it! HoI3 is one heck of a big program - and I am finding it daunting to get into, this is my attempt to find a way to start it off. Nice little game, not played it much, but looks good so far
on 22 March 2016
Quite a challenge when up against the Red Army. By that's as it should be! Good game .
on 9 February 2015
Slow and not very animated. For very small children
on 23 November 2014
The only irritating thing about it is the sound
on 13 March 2015
Doesnt open on my open cloeses straight away