on 25 August 2013
For less than a pound you get 30 detective short stories from the US, France and UK that span over a hundred years. Included are some great stories - and I'd like to pick out the two by Dashiell Hammett as especially good (it's about time that he was rediscovered - a wonderful writer). So what can you object to with a deal like this? Not much, but you may want to apply serious skim reading skills as some of the stories are pretty poor.
on 1 November 2013
Glad to have discovered this series of 'megapacks' - excellent value and some wonderful new discoveries amongst old favourites with only very little rubbish (and @ 34p for 1000 pages who's complaining?)
on 18 November 2013
This was such a great buy! I've been introduced to authors I've never read before who I shall certainly read more from.
It's an interesting mix of writing styles (but I don't 'get' quite all the Americanisms) and a variety of tales:- a very good mixed bag.
It's perfect to dip in and out of when time is short- you can read just one story or three or four at a time, and all different.
I'd recommend this to any fan of murder/mysteries.
It lives up to its title as a megapack.
I rarely award 5 stars but I believe this really deserves them.

I've also downloaded the Christmas Megapacks but I'm saving them until December and hope I won't be disappointed.
on 11 April 2013
30 stories including The Red Thumb Mark by R. Austin Freeman. This collection is worth more than this price for this book alone. I just wish there would be a Megapack of just his works.
on 21 September 2013
I give this collection full marks. Not only is it good value but also top quality.
Apparently, crime fiction is enjoying something of a vogue. I have been recommending the megapack crime fiction collections to friends who are aficionados of the genre. Through this wonderful new medium, I would advise those who are swelling the ranks of crime fiction readers to dip into this collection. It will only cost you pennies. Conan Doyle, Chesterton, Hammer et al are quality writers and, along with the other writers in the compendium, may lead the reader to further pleasures.
on 17 June 2013
Useful for travelling long distance good balance of authors.
Help pass time on recent long haul flight to USA. Good
on 26 June 2013
One or two of the tales are weak or longwinded but in the main a good, readable selection of fast-paced detective short stories to dip into.
on 4 July 2013
Good short stories. Just long enough on a short journey or before bed. Well written and quite interesting story lines.
on 7 September 2013
Perhaps I have been spoilt with the authors I prefer, Stephen Leather, Stephen Booth, etc., but I will say that the selection of stories do manage to while away the time whilst waiting for a doctors appointment or waiting for the next train.
on 13 May 2013
This is a book that consists of some really good mystery stories all of which hold your attention until they finish