Customer reviews

on 20 March 2014
I have tried to live with Pinnock's newer version of these works but for me, they do not really have anything different to say - there is very little to choose between this and his older version recorded in the 1980's!! I became bored with them :-(

What about this version with the Akademie fur Alte Musik? I think you know what to expect once you hear the first movement of Brandenburg Concerto no.1 and in this case, there is so much joy at just the right tempo, what follows with the rest of this wonderful bargain set, is exactly the same throughout and this is now my top choice :-)
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2014
The Akademie have recently produced two brilliant CDs: Die Kunst Der Fuge and, with Rene Jacobs, Matthew Passion (Bach, of course).

Those recordings took me back to this and I have to say it is excellent.
on 11 July 2016