on 14 November 2016
Well actually some of these novels are two stars at best, but to really get to grips with Oz, they are worth it. I wanted to read more after reading Wicked to see if there was anything that gave hints as to the development of that story, but sadly there wasn't. But I do now appreciate the film Return to Oz a lot more, which I liked anyway, but now I know what a good adaption it is of two of the Oz books.
I have to say that Oz is a flawed creation, full of contradictions and dead-ends, but I am glad that one contradiction that seemed obvious to me was sorted out before the end - I don't want to give anything away, but it involves Toto.
on 31 January 2018
I took my time reading this and mostly during bus journeys, which were enhanced by the time thus spent. The book is truly for children of all ages (I am 72) I remember seeing the film as a child, so knew I would enjoy it and can recommend it to those who remember the film.
One person found this helpful
on 31 August 2013
Couldn't believe how much it cost! All of the Oz books for Kindle! So many great stories which take me back to my childhood! The land of Oz still thrills!
8 people found this helpful
on 12 November 2017
This beautifully presented set of all the Oz books arrived quickly. A wonderful set, well worth the price.
on 25 March 2014
I have always loved the film Wizard of Oz, but have never read the book. It was so good to read it at long last, and I had no idea there were 13 more books. It certainly didn't disappoint, the other stories are just as weird and wonderful. I would think this would be for the older child because the stories are quite involved.
on 4 December 2017
Great read, good price, good delivery time. Very happy thanks
on 18 September 2017
kindle, ok, had no idea how many actual OZ stories there are, all very amusing and inventive
on 1 February 2014
I always thought i knew what the main story was about, but i had never read the book. it is never good to rely on a film!
Read the original stories from Oz and you will soon see how intertwined the film was with other books and all the other friends you see in Oz, but were never really introduced to.
on 24 November 2017
Delivered on time and book as described. Thanks
on 20 February 2018