on 8 August 2013
Keyboard remote all in one and as I get older a lot quicker at typing in on face book and google etc from your armchair.
Worked right out o the box with my Samsung UE40F8000 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 40", Quad Core with Freeview/Freesat HD and Voice/Motion Control.
Had to get the details from phoning Samsung as when you look on Amazon, E Bay and Google etc your pointed to other mobles that say or imply that they will work with the latest TV's; THEY DONT.
If in doubt call Samsung UK to confirm before you buy any TV keyboard.
on 16 September 2013
After reading the other reviews posted here, I took the precaution of checking this was the appropriate product for my Samsung 40" F8000 series. It is. The box srrived promptly on Prime with the usual surplus of packaging. Opening the oversized box gives the Samsung keyboard in far more appropriately sized packaging. And it must be noted: this thing is tiny. Even reading the dimensions before buying won't give the true impression of just how small this really is. Stick the batteries in though and, despite its flimsy and plasticky initial appearance, this does actually feel quite weighty and solid enough to handle a little abuse. Just don't sit on it. Really, don't. Not that you're likely to break it by doing so, more you'll need a proctologist to find it again.

Joking aside, setup is simple enough. Just plug in the batteries, turn the keyboard and TV on and hold down any key for several seconds to link the two together.

There is the option of using the trackpad as either a keyboard cursor as per the touchpad remote or, with the flick of a switch, a full-fledged mouse style cursor. I fail to understand the need for this functionality myself as my current app selection is quite limited and the arrow keys have always been perfectly adequate for my needs but the flexibility is there should any apps take advantage.

Unfortunately, now the downside. And it must be noted this is NOT the fault of Samsung. Not all apps have keyboard functionality. This is down to the app developer and not the provider of the Smart hub. Samsung's own interface (entering user information and passwords, for example) works brilliantly. The Facebook app works fine as far as I can tell, Skype seems to have issues with support for some keys (particularly backspace and the @ symbol). Youtube and Netflix have NO keyboard support. I don't have a Twitter account so am unable to test that particular app, perhaps somebody else may be able to enlighten you as to that one.

In short, be sure you absolutely must have a keyboard for your TV. At the moment, I would only recommend buying this if your primary use of Facebook is through the TV or you change your user information too often for the remote control to be adequate for the purpose. You'll still end up using the remote for most tasks anyway until and unless app developers give us some proper keyboard support.
on 24 April 2013
Simple really, I've just invested in the UE46SF7000 2013 LED Samsung TV. Although the remote does most of the functions, as a touch typer I find it monotonous to scroll around using the keypad. Although I haven't tested it fully, so far it has not let me down, very easy to connect, and after recommendations from TV Guy (Mark) I'm extremely happy with this purchase. Delivery was very quick on prime.
on 4 June 2013
Works perfectly and definitely worth buying this for my smart samsung TV as It gives easy access to apps, browsing is a pleasure and perfect for YOU TUBE!
on 5 February 2015
Works perfect on Samsung 60H6200. After research this remote is compatible with the following TVs

60H6200, 32H6400, 40H6400, 48H6400, 50H6400, 55H6400, 65H6400, 75H6400, 32H6410, 40H6410, 48H6410, 55H6410, 40H6670, 48H6670, 55H6670, 40H7000, 46H7000, 55H7000, 60H7000, 48H8000, 55H8000, 65H8000, 55HU6900, 55HU7200, 65HU7200, 48HU7500, 55HU7500, 65HU7500, 75HU7500, 85HU7500, 55HU8200, 65HU8200, 55HU8500, 65HU8500, 78HU8500

I did update the TV firmware to the latest a few weeks ago. Just enabled Bluetooth keyboard in System/Device manager/keyboard. Took seconds. You cannot use SEARCH in any Apps, Youtube 4OD iplayer etc etc, you still have to use the arrow keys and press Enter to input a search. Very good for searching in the Web browser though.
on 23 February 2014
I deciced to write this after switching from the keyboard to my Samsung remote for the third time this morning.

This does not work for YouTube, Netflix or really anything else for which I want to use a keyboard to type search text. I read similar comments but bought it anyway a couple months ago because I figured it would come in handy for something. But unfortunately, it really doesn't.

What it does do very well is send phantom signals to the TV. So I need to ensure it's off whenever I put it down.

Good idea, but don't bother until it's decently supported and the tech improves.
on 2 May 2014
I am a self professed gadget junkie and when I bought my new Samsung Smart TV I was soon looking to see what accessories there were to go with it.

Using the remote supplied with the TV is tedious to say the least, if you intend on using any of the smart features of the TV you have to have a keyboard. There are people out there who will insist that there are cheaper keyboards that will do the same job or even ones with more features, however if you want something that works seamlessly out of the box this one is the obvious choice.

I have had no problems with the keyboard and it feels like a solid high quality unit.

I have not gone as far as giving it 5 stars simply because despite it's ease of function and high quality it is still a tad pricey.
on 5 February 2016
Had to return this as it wouldn't pair with my tv at all. I tried so many different ways. The instructions it came with were absolutely useless. A few paragraphs on an A5 piece of paper. Not great. Had to look it up online and after all that it wouldn't connect. Only thing I managed to get the keyboard to do was turn the TV off. Wouldn't turn it back on... just off! So thankfully amazon accepted the return but wouldn't recommend. Besides it doesn't look like they're compatible with all the TV apps with what I have read.
on 31 January 2014
Be very sure what you wish to use this product for. According to Samsung's own call centre it ONLY works with Samsung's own apps. (Their words, not mine.) If you wish to type search strings on Youtube, Google or your favourite film app, it almost certainly won't work. It definitely doesn't work with our 8000-series Samsung television. Apart from that, the keyboard was easy to connect to the television and the keyboard feels sturdy, but it is quite large and heavy.
on 5 October 2013
This product is very easy to set up and opens up a whole new way to use your TV, it's fantastic. The keyboard was delivered on time and was well packaged and I feel so pleased that I took the option to purchase a branded product, it just works so well, I recommend this purchase product to anyone with a 2013 Samsung Smart TV, fantastic.