Customer reviews

on 4 January 2014
Mixed as instructions and it wasn't enough to fill the mould. After checking it 1 and a half hours later as instructions it had leaked out of the mould and could not be removed from the casing. Had to throw the whole thing away and had a very upset daughter.
on 15 February 2014
plaster of paris leaked through the sides of the mixer jar, and then after mixing, it formed some kind of seal which made it damn near impossible to actually undo the mixer to pour it. after bashing it about a bit we finally got it open, and poured it into the moulds, which just came pouring through the sides of one of the moulds.
Don't waste your money on it or you'll have one very disappointed child!
on 19 January 2014
It leaked when we first used it due to a mould defect. In any case, the mould design is rubbish as the link between the two parts of the casting is too thin. This means your casting breaks when you try to get it out. Contacted manufacturer about the tiny thin crack in one half of our mould. They want us to send it back plus insure it at our cost! Sorry, but they should just send a replacement mould which is only worth a few pence. Finally, there is only enough plaster to make one of each mould, so when it leaked twice, we ended up with nothing.

We had excited kids and were left with disappointed kids.

Surely there should be more plaster included as well, this is just penny pinching and profiteering by the manufacturer. I have since fixed the mould defect myself and purchased more plaster elsewhere. Regardless of this, the design still means that we have never managed to get one of the characters to come out unbroken.

In summary, a rubbish product with rubbish customer support. My advice is to avoid and save your money.
on 20 April 2014
My daughter received this as a present for her 7th birthday and was very excited to make these poppets. The first one we tried making following the instructions precisely did not fill the mould so did not make a complete moshi and was difficult to get out, the second one we used more plaster. This one leaked out of the bottom of the mould on setting so we were unable to remove the plastic cast out of the casing without the whole toy braking apart. My daughter was in tears as had nothing at all to show from her 2 hours of making and waiting. Although this product looks well made it does not work and has obviously not been tested. It should not still be on sale! I would not recommend this product.
on 15 March 2014
I agree with the other reviewers who had disappointed kids. it does leak and it is nearly impossible to get the mould out of the casing once set. AND the models then break as you are trying, what a shame. Jolly bad show
on 16 January 2014
Got this for my 7 year old daughter for christmas and I have never been more disappointed with the quality of an item. For £10 you would expect it to be fairly decent but the plaster leaked in the mould and it got stuck so basically I paid £10 for my daughter to mix and pour some plaster into a mould that I then had to throw away. She was very excited as a huge moshi monsters and poppit fan so she was very upset as we desperately tried to pull the mould out but it would not budge. The price is for the name not the quality very disappointing I wouldn't waste money on moshi monsters products like this again.
on 7 June 2014
The plaster leaked out of the mould which made it impossible to get the mould out of the outer casing. My daughter went from being very excited and patiently waiting the two hours for the plaster to set to being completely disappointed and we ended up with a pile of crumbled plaster. We had the throw the whole thing away!
on 20 June 2014
This product does not work and leaves you with a very upset child or children. The instructions are for an inadequate amount of plaster which then leaks and sets the mould so it is practically impossible to get out. If you do most likely it will be to retrieve a crumbled mess
on 18 January 2014
Much bigger than expected. Four product once made difficult to get out of mould but plaster of Paris is cheap to buy so will be trying again as mould can be reused.excellent fun for my nine year old and she can paint it after which she love
on 2 June 2014
The plaster liquid seeped through the mould and set solid in the mould holder, binned don't waste you time/money or risk a disappointed child.