Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 14 January 2012
We LOVE reading about Claude and Sir Bobblysock's madcap adventures, so when we found out that the third Claude book was being published we pre-ordered it!
In this story, Claude and his faithful (and long-suffering) friend, Sir Bobblysock go to the park, and find themselves at a Circus. Claude, being his practical self, decides to 'help' clean and tidy up the circus tent - with disastrous results! Along the way, they get up to all sorts of mischief, including annoying a park-keeper and some golfers, tripping up some joggers, performing a daring act of bravery by the duck pond, drinking tea on the high wire and being shot out of a cannon. Alex T Smith's book is filled with beautiful (and hilarious) illustrations as Claude lurches unwittingly from one mishap to another. A brilliant story to share with a child and also perfect for independent readers. As an adult, they're a joy to read, and there are always little parts here and there that appeal to a grown-up sense of humour. I can't recommend the Claude series enough. Buy them all - I guarantee you won't be disappointed!!!
on 2 March 2014
Excellent reads-for children and adults alike! My year 1 class and my own 7 year old adore the Claude books. Brilliant for Literacy lessons, and brilliant for bedtime!
on 2 June 2013
My daughter is 5 and likes to read books on her own. It is hard to find paperback books where she can understand the content. We stumbled upon our first Claude book in the library. She loved him from the start. I allowed her to choose this book from Amazon herself and she eagerly awaited the delivery. She read it in a day and it was lovely to hear her peals of laughter as she read it to herself. A real hit. Just in the process of ordering her another one!
on 6 September 2012
We love Claude and Mr Bobblysocks because they are funny, silly, strange, kind and they have great adventures. We bought this book after reading Claude on holiday (which we bought as a holiday book) and Claude in the City. They ar charming to read and listen to and a great reading book for a child who has just become a free reader (6 - 10 years old) but younger children would love the stories too. Come on Alex we need some more stories....hurry up. Thanks for the joy of Claude.
Zara aged 8 and Lucy aged 46
on 26 March 2012
We are seasoned Claude fans and had been eagerly awaiting this book. We were desperate to know what the long-suffering Sir Bobblysock would have to put up with this time! The characters are as charming as everand my 6 year old giggled as much as ever at the mishaps that befall this pair. I have found that this series is an ideal bedtime book as the pictures can be shared but the story is a little more involved than other picture books. A good half-way house for children who want to explore "grown up" books but lack the confidence or attention span to read text heavy books.
on 15 July 2013
Of the many books I have discovered this year, the Claude series has been the most popular. For newly emergent readers, keen to venture into chapter books, I recommend this charmer and his side kick (Sir Bobblysock), who enjoy a wealth of adventures while Mr and Mrs Shinyshoes are at work.
on 30 January 2014
Excellent the whole claude series funny clever great for my five year if i could i would give it 6 stars i could go on and on about how my son loves these books here's is a tip buy all of them you wont regret it
on 24 October 2012
Ah, the joy of discovering a 'new' author at the library! The illustrations and story is just wonderful. Having exhausted all Lauren Child had to offer - am thrilled to find a new source of excellence. 2 and 6 yr old were captivated by the story & I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Also, rather lovely to find a book that can be given as a gift from birth to early reader.
on 1 November 2012
Bought for our 4 year old as a change from the norm and she absolutely loves it. Great story, lots of fun and brilliant illustrations make for a winning combination. We've also got Claude on Holiday (also great) and are ready to order Claude in the City. Can't wait for it to come.
on 19 February 2012
My seven year old daughter really enjoyed this book. She has read them all in the series and this latest instalment did not disappoint We had placed this on order,it was great value and was delivered in a couple of days of the book being available.