Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 October 2013
I have just been listening to this album driving into work and it is simply Brilliant. I heard some samples on Amazon last evening and brought the album as a result of that and I'm glad I did. Tea and Toast is a very moving track, just listen to the words!
I initially thought Lucy sounded a little like Lily Allen with up tempo overtones of the super Colbie Caillat but actually Lucy Spraggan truly is much more interesting and unique in her own way. Her vocals are so crisp and clear you hear every single word and her songs are a joy to listen to. A good mix of great tracks.
My favourite album in a long time.
In my opinion, Brilliant.
on 9 October 2013
I purchased this on amazon pre-order,and it arrived yesterday. Firstly the album - I really like all of the songs but I do feel that both bear fear and tea & toast are not quite as good as the originals. Bear fear is only slightly different and I still prefer the original music video to this as well. Tea and toast not sure that I like the backing singers on it, it sounded a bit out of place and slightly random. I will see if my liking of both songs improves with more listens. That said it is still a very good album and if you like any of her songs then it is deffinately worth getting. If I had a real complaint it would be the fact that if I hadn't purchased it from amazon and instead purchased from the Lucy Spraggan website not only would it have been cheaper but I would have also got a signed inlay (I am really disappointed not have got a signed copy). So amazon sort yourself out on your pricing.

The only way that she could have made the album better would have been to put the original tracks or possibly the live performances on the deluxe version.

Just one other thing Amazon why no Autorip?
on 9 October 2013
i love it nothing bad about it 5 stars all the way if you a big fan get it i did
on 10 October 2013
I absolutely love her song writing and couldn't wait for the album. I liked the songs I hadn't heard before-the tourist is great. Where is "Jeremy Kyle" though haha!

The only problem is the backing, it has been popified. The backing sometimes detracts from the wonderful, simple song writing. An acoustic, live album would easily get 5 stars!!
on 4 November 2013
17 great songs that make you think, smile and cry. Lucy's original lyrics are strong, deep and meaningful and make her seem older than her years. Lyrics included in the sleeve. Even the CD case is special, just like Lucy Spraggan.
on 28 November 2013
13 tracks, of which i really enjoy about 10 of them. Don't get me wrong they are all good but there are a few that aren't played as often. I especially like you're too young, tea & toast, join the club and lighthouse. Lucy seems to sing from the heart and i think that's what makes a really good song. Especially if others can relate to it. I'm already looking forward to the next album and i can see Lucy going far with her music.
on 1 December 2013
Lucy is a very talented singer/songwriter, she reminds me of Victoria Wood who I have always loved. She should be so proud of herself, when she was first seen at auditions everyone knew there was something special about her. Looking forward to her next album once I've learnt all the words to this one, a lot to learn. I'd recommend to anyone who likes a laugh and musical talent.
on 28 October 2013
I, too, had pre-ordered Lucy's album as I was very impressed with her on the X Factor. I was disappointed that it had taken the powers that be so long to finally publish Lucy's CD, but the wait was completely worthwhile. This is the best album I have bought all year and it is amazing that Lucy has written all songs featured on her album.
It was, of course, to be expected that Lucy's songs would be "popified" (love the word!); presumably to make them more radio friendly (duh!). I am glad though, that her excellent delivery has not been spoilt (expect for: yes, the dodgy backing singers on the beautiful Tea & Toast).
To me, this is one of the few albums where it is worth my while to just quietly sit and listen to all of Lucy's lyrics because this girl does have so much to say. We've all known since X Factor that Tea & Toast and Last Night (Beer Fear) are nothing short of brilliant, but it is songs like Someone and the terrifyingly realistic, horribly fantastic You're Too Young which will see me give Lucy's album as a Christmas present to quite a few youngsters I know, hoping it will bring the respective messages of those songs across to them in the nicest possible way.
I've been entirely delighted with Lucy Spraggan's Join The Club and would recommend it to anyone interested in intelligent, poignant, touching and, of course, often funny lyrics.
on 11 October 2013
Lots of the songs on here originally appeared on "Top Room At The Zoo" and in my opinion were largely better on the original, more acoustic, less produced form. Especially 'Last Night' and 'Someone' suffer from an over abundance of random instruments.

On the whole though, a good release, and I'd recommend it.
X Factor tends to turn up people who are good at karaoke and those with real talent drop out as soon as the public start voting! That was true for Lucy Spraggan although I think she dropped out because of a health issue.

This album shows how good she is and especially what a great song-writer she is. I think that maybe they should have been brave enough to just let her sing with her guitar rather than adding "backing" and "orchestration" because the songs are strong enough to survive on their own merits. "Last night" and "Tea and toast" I knew from X Factor but the standout song here is, in my opinion, "You're too young" which says a lot about our society.

This isn't an expensive CD so give it a go. I don't think you will be disappointed.