Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 11 May 2013
What an amazing story, I couldn't put this down. Right from the start Jo & Luke's powerful aura' s were in evidence. The depth of description on every level made the reader a part of it not just on the side-lines. It was honest, thrilling, adventurous, romantic, passionate you won't regret getting this! Top marks.
on 26 April 2013
Although I'm not a fan of romance, I have enjoyed other books by this author, so decided to give it a go. It reminded me of bodice rippers I read years ago - man and woman meet and instantly hate each other. They scratch and fight for years, some tragedy makes them finally realize they've been in love all along, and they end up happily ever after. The difference is that this story is set in the pioneer days of Australia, and the country and period become a major part of the tale. The hardships and social mores of the times make the characters' struggles more believable and understandable. I often wonder how modern women would survive such conditions.

Ms. Tanner is a skilled wordsmith who tells a great story. Her writing is well-edited, and the erotica is definitely on the fiery side! Passionate and mesmerizing emotions - not for the weak of heart.
on 11 June 2013
I'm sorry, but I detested this book. I skipped over pretty much every part of it that was describing the scenery because that was just long-winded and dull. I disliked or hated most of the characters. Fiona - girl, get some backbone and grow up...quick!, Luke - the main man, was just disgusting. I get that Jo couldn't restrain herself physically, but there was nothing emotionally attractive about Luke. at. all. Most of the townspeople were just hypocrites and it got annoying to have to constantly read about them shunning Jo. I had my issues with Jo at certain parts of the book - on the one hand, I'm wishing she had smacked Fiona as many times as she wanted to, at other times, I really enjoyed her fighting spirit, and at other times she needed to get some backbone as well. In the end, I couldn't believe they actually loved each other. When the characters got shot on separate occasions, it felt forced, it didn't really add anything to the already terrible story. Why was it so awful? Almost none of the characters were enjoyable, it was not a love story, and I didn't feel any passion between the two characters. I started the book so I pushed myself to get through it, but at the end, I was wishing I hadn't met any of the characters.