on 21 September 2013
This is a fab laptop for the price.Easy to set up & comes with loads of Samsung apps already preloaded on it.Looks great too.Lovely silver colour.Highly recommended laptop
on 5 September 2013
1. Lightweight and performance exceeded my expectations.
2. Easy settings set up and update software very good.
3. Good battery life.
on 24 April 2014
I have always been a big fan of Samsung devices and have owned several phones and laptops in the past. I read one customer's bad review on this website, among many positive reviews, and thought it must have just been a one-off negative experience. But unfortunately he was absolutely right, and I will never buy another Samsung laptop again. I received my laptop and was initially delighted, especially by the beautiful colour. I spent a lot of time personalising it and was psyched to take it with me on a business trip to NYC the following day. However, the next day, the screen had a big black line down the right side of it. I had not dropped it nor done anything out of the ordinary to the laptop and there was no chance anyone else did either. I called Samsung support immediately and was told to send a photo, which I did, and was informed I would be contacted in 2 days, which I wasn't. In fact it was over 2 weeks before I could get a response. Then, when I did eventually receive word from Samsung, I was told it was a crack in the screen, although there was no visible crack on it, and that it was not covered by my warranty. I was appalled and disgusted that one day after my laptop arrived, something like this would happen and the company would not cover it. The rep blamed the warranty but of course, had it been a high quality product, as it should be, this would have never have happened. The cost to repair the screen is roughly half the cost of the laptop. Don't buy it. I'm going for Lenovo next time.
on 16 October 2013
I was unsure about this laptop as the number of reviews were limited and clearly one or two of them have not been great. However, I decided to buy it and so far I have not been disappointed. I, like a few other reviewers, was after a laptop that wouldn't break the bank but was sufficient to be used as a more business/work laptop rather than for gaming/DVD's/videos. Clearly you can spend all sorts of silly money on a laptop and of which for the same price have an extremely good desktop.

Anyway, the laptop essentially does exactly what it says on the tin, as the saying goes. Despite the 1.1GHz processor, which for this day and ago is quite low, the system handles a variety of tasks and on-going activities and no doubt the 4GB ram is helping this process. The hard drive is ample big enough if you aren't going to be filling it with music/videos/games etc.

The laptop itself is solid, the keyboard is good to type on. I have a requirement to touch-type and many keyboards don't stand up to this task, but this one does. The touchpad is fine, I've had no problems with it, but I'm not a big fan of them anyway so intend to get a wireless mouse.

A few downsides, amongst many good, is that the screen resolution whilst good isn't great and the screen almost looks a little grainy at times. However, what it does have going for it is the ability to not be blurred out in bright rooms or outdoors like some laptop screens. Windows 8 is a bit like marmite to be honest and I am only just getting used to it. It's not bad, different, but with time will no doubt not be an issue. The battery life isn't great. If you're doing some consistent work and really using the laptop then you'll get about 3 or 4 hours out of it, that's all. The upside is that the battery does charge quite quickly and there is always the opportunity to buy an additional battery pack if you really will be 'out and about' a lot whilst using it.

Overall if you're after an inexpensive laptop for work/education/office purposes then this laptop will do you just fine and don't be put off by a few of the other reviews. This laptop is and will be getting some heavy duty work carried out on it along side a desktop and so far I am very happy with the purchase.
on 30 October 2013
This was bought as an old desktop replacement for a relative who is a "light" user - emails, browsing, occasional word processing. The machine looks fairly nice and the keyboard responds well enough but the overwhelming impression was the awful amount of time it takes to open up - really, really slow and hardly faster than the ancient machine it was bough to replace.
Once open, it performs well enough - not startling, but OK for what is required.
Disappointingly average and I'm sure there are better machines for the same price.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2014
the laptop itself is great , even if it comes with win 8 and a buckload of apps that eat and use loads of memory ( virtual and physical one) ...i tried to delete as many as possible in order to make the laptop run a bit faster ( 1.1 GHz is rather slow considering how many apps are running in the background and pre-installed but once you clean up the system its a smooth ride)

the battery is very good - lasts up to 3-4 hours in medium usage of the device, and even longer on stand-by...
the monitor has no blank points no matter on what angle you put it ( perhaps a bit too bright on >90 degrees ) and its crystal clear...
the speakers are decently loud and give a clear sound.

all in all , except the windows 8 that is a bit of pain as its mostly designed for touchscreen devices rather than normal laptops, the piece is great. is stands to samsung`s fame and legacy.

i also appreciate the fact that the vendor contacted me prior despatch to let me know about the boxing damage. ( the box was a bit damaged due to shipping and storage moving but the laptop was in a brilliant condition )
on 7 November 2013
Bought for my teenage son to do his homework on .. though I suspect it will get a lot of game use. First pc I have used Windows 8 on and in common with most I resent having a system designed for touch screens applied universally. Otherwise its a Samung. It seems well made and Amazon delivery was prompt as usual. Can't complain!
on 18 November 2013
Nice large screen and smart looking computer light enough to use on your lap and travel around with.
Comes with many Samsung Apps but you have to remove the ones you do not want as not all will be your choice.
My only gripe is that there is no way of knowing if caps lock is on or off except when you log on whenthere is a warning when caps lock is on.
on 7 November 2013
very pleased with this laptop and delivery was excellent very easy to use windows 8 and is more than sufficient for my needs
on 15 March 2014
Less than 3 months after purchasing this product, the hinge between the keyboard and the screen started popping. then the frame around the screen starting pulling away, revealing more and more of the interior. Despite multiple calls to Samsung, sending in photos, and having the unresolved claim "escalated", still unanswered and then directed to a service centre in London that was not open for business and didn't answer the phone or take messages, I've had to take the issue up with my credit card issue. Does Samsung not stand behind its products? Or is it completely ashamed? I've had laptops for 15 years and have never had one break apart like this, and I've never experienced worse service.