on 18 April 2005
I bought this book alongside with other books on writing dissertations. I found this the most useful and helpful of the lot as it was written in a clear logical way that i could understand, there were no fancy words, complicated issues etc.
Throughout my dissertation it has provided me with guidance on what to write in certain sections of my work, not only that it has provided me with the structure of what a dissertation should look like. Overall it has kept me sane and I would definately recommend it to people who are undertaking a dissertation, plus it is at a reasonable price too.
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2009
I teach final year project at undergrad level and found this little gem not long back.
It's an easy and accessible guide for both dissertation writers and planners, both of which can be quite stressful. This should help to clarify the reasons you are doing a dissertation and thus help ease some of the stress.
If you are about to write one, get this book, oh, and good luck!
on 26 July 2017
Very easy book follow
on 29 April 2017
great book
on 12 May 2009
It is tittled the best selling guide, and it is the best book I have come across while researching for my dissertation. It is helpful and not jargonistic it is an easy step by step book with help and examples throughout
on 27 May 2013
As above, this book is suited ideally for dissertations using a lot of primary researched data (i.e. physics experiments, questionnaires, large samples of data) and is not as useful for qualitative dissertations (i.e. discussions, critical evaluations).

I have given 4 stars as it didn't fit my needs exactly (my dissertation was qualitative) but for data-driven pieces of work it would be extremely helpful.

Would need to be read BEFORE starting the piece of work as there is a lot on planning the approach to the work before even starting it.
on 26 December 2015
This book is perfect for dissertations
on 6 August 2009
for the price this book is a bargain, i purchased it at a recommendation from the research methods for business book. On receiving it and having a browse I could see that it had short helpful information laid out in a step by step guide.

i am only doing the prep work for my dissertation but i can already see that this book is going to be a great help.
on 4 April 2013
After getting the book, I was saddened to find that a lot of it involves research and methodology planning, and is generally aimed at science/ students needing to obtain data for their dissertation. I am a history student and so most of this book did not apply to what I have to do - I wish I had known this before I bought the book. It really is of little use to me.
on 5 July 2014
It is an okay book that has information regarding the dissertation, but nothing more than you would get from a decent support lecture.
Judith BELL is the bible and is much more helpful, especially if like me you are unsure about the chapters!