Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 28 November 2008
This is basic beginners guide to running a small B&B. It does focus a lot on keeping at 6 guests and below to avoid problems such as VAT and fire regs this is done in a helpful and simple way in a commonsence no nonsence approach. I think if I knew nothing about the trade I would do a bit more reading than just this book before starting out in business but I think that this is a good place to start. The book is written as if you know nothing about the trade and starts from scratch so if you are thinking of going into the B&B business from knowing nothing this would be a good start. I would also like to point out to anyone thinking of going into the B&B trade if you think you will be liable for business rates you can have the Valuation office do you a quote of how much it would be before you comit to anything this is a free service.
on 2 May 2006
We found this book very useful, it gave us simple guidance where we were unsure and even answered questions we had not yet thought about.

We had wanted to start a B&B but had always been put-off, as it seemed a bit too daunting and complicated. Now, having worked through this thoughtful book, we feel ready to take the first steps.
on 5 August 2008
This book really was a great find. Full of practical advice about setting up a B&B covering all the things I needed to know and right up to date too! It's real strength is in it's presentation which is so simple and clear to read. The author is a genius.

I would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone thinking about setting up a B&B or to anyone already running a B&B.
on 8 July 2009
This is a good book to read if you are thinking about setting up a B and B. Clearly written and amusing.
My only criticism would be that this book, like a number of others, presents a rather 'standard' model...
on 19 November 2010
I found this book very easy and enjoyable to read. It's given me everything I need to get my B&B idea off the ground. Buy it now!
on 8 November 2010
We intend to start a B&B within the near future and were looking for some practical guidelines. This book provided just that and exceeded our expectations. It even provides some templates for some of the products required.
on 9 July 2010
This book was written in simple easy to understand language. It gives practical advice based on the writers own invaluable experience. I would recommend this book to anyone contemplating running a B&B business.
on 11 May 2012
We are planning to set up a small B & B and are keen to get as much information on the practicalities and legalities involved before we embark! I found this book very user friendly, it is written clearly from experience and offers both practical advise and little useful tips about things to consider in the day to day running of a B & B.
It is not overwhelming with formal issues but offers direction in finding out more on the subjects of Health & Safety etc.
All in all, very happy with purchase and will definitely be well used!
on 30 January 2012
This little book is by people who have their own bed and breakfast and have learned from their own experience. A lighthearted read but with plenty of good tips and sound business advice. If you are thinking of starting a B and B as a hobby and to make a bit of extra money this is the book for you. If you are looking at a six bedroom luxury venture you will maybe need a book like "Starting and Running a B and B" which is more business based.
on 3 September 2014
This is a helpful guide to those thinking about setting up a b&b when there's not a huge amount out there and what there is looks like it's been written in the dark ages. it covers a good amount of the nitty gritty if running a business balanced with the detail if how running a b&b will feel. It's written from the personal perspective of setting up a middle of the road b&b rather than luxury.