TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 February 2017
I recently purchased the digital version of this film as it actually worked out cheaper than buying the DVD as my son recently watched the first film and wanted to see this second one.

The film sees Flint Lockwood, Sam Sparks, Flint's Dad and some of his friends returning to Swallow Falls to recover the FLDSMDFR and destroy it after they are told that the machine has created monster Cheespiders (Cheese Burgers) who are learning to swim with the intention of swimming over to the mainland. When they arrive they discover that the FLDSMDFR has created a whole new world of food animals and that ultimately things may not be as they have first appeared.

My son loves this film and has watched this a few times now with his little sister after watching the first film which we already own. Unlike some sequels this is actually really well written and funny. I believe that they may be releasing a third film hopefully this year and if so my son and I cannot wait to see it.
on 29 March 2016
Can your ideas change the world? Every time I hear this I get goosebumps hehe, to my daughter is just innocent cartoonish fun but to me it seems like an illuminati brainwashing kind of programming video. Conspiracist much?

Well, I love the film we have the first one and its great fun, my favourite character must be Earl voiced by Mister T but on this one was voiced by Terry Crews it's just hilarious, I love the way they exaggerate their movements and expressions much like Hotel Transylvania characters also by Sony. Very original in my opinion, also it arrive on time and in good condition.
on 16 October 2016
One twin says: Second all-time favourite movie (after Hotel Transylvania 2). All the foodanimals are really cute, especially the strawberries and marshmallows.
The other twin adds: It's a really fantastic movie. I like #1 but especially #2 -- because of the strawberry and because there's a really crafty baddy. Lots of thrilling action too! Great team of friends. Mum especially loved the fishing pickles.
on 16 July 2014
Well to be honest this review came from my two grandsons, the youngest (6) watched in 2D and said thanks grandad, well I guess that makes it a 5 star??? The eldest (11) said it was just as good as the first one and was even funnier. I can only go by what they tell me, I haven't watched all the way through myself yet. so watch this space.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2015
The first one was great, this one is just an hour of silly slapstick and awful jokes. The characters are imaginative to say the least and I was confused until the end, the last 20 mins when I actually laughed out loud twice. Those sweet and funny moments at the end redeemed the first half of the film for me, but only just.
on 30 May 2017
Great film, discs not as clean as they normally are from this vendor (we bought 2 copies of this one film) but both were watchable & without glitches throughout 👍

As usual the print / booklets were in good condition, ..for the price they excel
on 8 January 2016
Great! I absolutely love this film and it really sparks the imagination of children and shows them that they can do anything!

If this review was helpful, please give it a thumbs up - it really helps me to improve my reviews. :)
If you have a question that was not covered in my review, comment below and I will answer within two days!
on 23 October 2014
We may have expected too much from this sequel. Compared to other 3D films (Open Season, Despicable Me), it doesn't really make good use of the 3D. The story is OK and the food animal names brilliant... shrimp-panzies, Hip-potato-mas to name but two.
Is not as good as the first film, but still rates 4 stars and is worth a look now the DVD/Blu-ray copies are cheaper. Dont bother paying for the 3D copy.
on 1 December 2017
Great family film, highly recommended. 3D image is beautiful and sharp, with a decent sense of depth and immersion.
Watched on an LGOLED55E6
on 1 September 2015
An OK film. First half a bit slow but increased in enjoyment over the 2nd half. Even my 9 year old daughter who insisted on watching it was not fully engaged in the first half. There are much better animation films which hook the whole family in for the duration. But it definitely had some good bits. Ok but not great.