on 23 November 2013
I recently read Cupcakes at Carrington’s and the novella Me and Mr Carrington and absolutely loved both of them. So when this little beauty plopped through my letterbox I couldn’t wait to read it.

We catch up with our favourite characters a few months after where we left off. Georgie is still loving Carrington’s (and Mr Carrington), Sam is enjoying life as a newly wed and Eddie is as fabulous as ever! One evening when Georgie settles down to indulge in a bit of crap tv, she finds that she is on it and that a pilot of a new reality show has been filmed at Carrington’s without her knowledge. And the footage of her dancing along to Beyoncé ends up on YouTube. And even worse than that, Tom kept the filming a secret from her.

The show gets picked up and Georgie becomes a star along with the rest of the “cast” at Carrington’s and soon finds herself being recognised on the bus and even getting papped while out and about. Because of an argument with Tom about the filming, they aren’t speaking, but she soon learns what he’s up to when the show is broadcast. And more importantly, who he is with.

I absolutely devoured this book and loved every word! And speaking of devouring, all of the mentions of red velvet cupcakes meant that I accidentally ended up baking three dozen of them!

I really love the characters, especially Georgie, and the way that Alexandra is able to drag you into the story and keep it really well paced is brilliant. I really liked reading more about Georgie’s dad and their improving relationship, and thinking about Carrington’s all trimmed up for Christmas reminded me of going to visit Santa’s grotto in my local department store as a child.

I’d definitely recommend it and think it’d make a fab Christmas present! The cover is so pretty too! The next book in the series is due in 2014 and I’m already looking forward to it!
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2013
As anyone who has read my previous reviews knows I love a good Christmas book and I am sucked in by any book with a Christmas theme. I wasn't blown away by the first in this series (Cupcakes at Carringtons) but decided to give Alexandra Brown a second chance.

I enjoyed this slightly more. I love that it is set around a department store and the addition of the TV show was really interesting. It was a bit of a different Christmas read.

I did find it all very predictable and I guessed most things that were going to happen. It took me a while to read and I wasn't rushing to pick it up.

All in all, you could do a lot worse for a Christmas read. At its current kindle price, it's well worth a go.
on 23 February 2014
Having read the first book, Cupcakes at Carringtons, I couldnt wait to read the next book in what I hope will be a series of stories based around the Carringtons staff and 'Christmas at Carringtons' didnt let me down. I loved it just as much as the first one and I cant wait to see if Alexandra Brown can come up with another gem like these two!
Delivery was very quick and well before the stated arrival date.
on 17 October 2015
Lovely to catch up with all the previous characters, the only problem I have is that one book has been split into four smaller parts which can be read in a couple of hours, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was published all at once in one book. There is a long delay between 3 and 4.
on 27 November 2014
Christmas at Carringtons provides a magical description of Christmas but in this series Carringtons has another stressful situation to go through - a reality TV show! Georgie has to manage her new relationship, as well as her friendships. There are plenty of ups and downs but it's such a pleasant read!
on 6 September 2016
This is a superb book and it was lovely to be able to continue, with the story of Georgie, Sam, Tom and Nathan and I hope Alexander Brown writes another one to continue with the story
on 29 April 2017
Hmmm wasn't as good as the first carringtons book. A bit cheesy and far fetched. Though I will persevere and read the third one.
on 8 November 2013
Alexandra Brown has done it again......

I have been counting the days down until I could get my hands on Christmas at Carrington's...and the wait was totally worth it.

I started this book on my journey to work and had finished by 8.00pm the same day! I devoured it book so quickly and I LOVED the story. I was totally hooked from the very first chapter.

I only discovered Alexandra Brown recently but have already read her whole collection of books in the last month and can't wait to see what happens to Tom and Georgie next.

It's a great read and I would recommended it to anyone.
on 16 February 2014
The department store is now the 'star' in a new douc-drama about the day to day life of the store, This has added another enjoyable layer to the already colourful characters in the first book. My only regret is the Eddie storyline as it becomes a little too far fetched (sorry), but otherwise would recommend it.
on 14 July 2016
Read the first book and couldn't wait to read second and wasn't disappointed. Liked the story line and Christmas theme even though I didn't read at Christmas.