on 16 April 2013
The advice in this book is brilliant. Advertising is no walk in the park, and this book has all the tips you need to learn how to effectively advertise anything you want!

Really was helpful for me.
This is not a long book but I can assure you every page packs a punch. It starts by outlining the mistakes people make when advertising. However part two tells you how to avoid these mistakes and how to make your advertising both effective and compelling. The advice about tag lines and branding is spot on. There are exercises which will help you to work out both your tag line and your brand. These are simple but highly effective. I was using this book with my writers's hat on and I certainly found it useful. I would definitely recommend.
on 12 June 2013
If you want a clear and concise guide to what you may be doing wrong with your advertising, then this book is exactly what you need. Extremely well written, cutting right to the facts. Not all of the mistakes may be what you think they are, but after reading through the book, I can say that it was both enlightening and well formatted.

An ideal investment for any small business who want to make sure that they are not wasting their time and money on marketing strategies that are not working. Highly recommend.
on 24 April 2014
It takes an hour to read and I decided to give it a three overall.

I can understand what Mr Williams was trying to achieve so the structure of the sections it is fine - 4

It could have been three times as long and it still would have been fine. Mr Williams could have provided examples to support the reader but there aren't any but his apparent expertise on such matters doesn't shine through - 3

But where it falls down is the apparent lack of attention, editing and proofreading (eg the following sentence is notable, in fact admittedly an exception: "There are also some articles on our blog over at Marketing For Mugs, in particular this one and this one", "this one" presumably refers to hyperlinks on the website which is hardly useful in a published book) - 2

There can't be that many books on the problems of advertising and how to achieve it better and this book could have been so much better.

This is meant to be a constructive criticism so I wish Mr Williams career as a writer.
on 12 May 2013
It was interesting to read about avoiding making mistake. Some useful tips about what you need to know and what to keep information to yourself. I enjoyed reading them, without being too heavy, just getting to point that you need to know.
on 13 April 2013
Okay so this book isn't some massive marketing tome that you have to waste time wading through in order to het what you need, this is all pure content. The book kicks of with the 7 deadly sins plus one, and these are things that so many people completely forget about. The second part of the book goes into how you can deal with the sins by looking at the brief, branding and the response. If you do any kind of advertising then the contents of this book could be a game changer for you. I highly recommend it.
on 17 June 2013
I'm not a businessman, so I don't read many business books. I got this because it was free and I thought it might help with selling some of my books! I'm not sure that it's going to do that, but it's an interesting read, with some clear and logical thought about advertising. Owners of small businesses in particular who want to get better results from their advertising would benefit from this.
on 13 June 2013
I won't waffle about this book as the summary says it all, but what I will say is: this book is a rare gem that doesn't just say "don't do this, don't do that" - it also explains why you should avoid certain practises and (here's the best bit) what you should do instead. I'm tired of books that only offer advice at face value but when you dig into them they offer no real usable info, but this book is full of it. As as example the first point is about unnecessarily advertising or talking about aspects of your business that you don't need to... how the author explained this using 'In business for 25 years' type statements was a real eye-opener to me. Brilliant!
on 15 April 2013
This book is a must - it has now become a valuable addition to my "how to" library.

Glyn states, in easy to read language, the deadly sins of advertising, which also have a knock-on effect on how a business should actually be thought of and run. The strategies are sound and Glyn doesn't commit any of the sins himself by focussing on his LONG experience of how these things should be handled. Glyn's book is clearly written from the heart and is based on solid experience. This man has got to where he is now through long years of hard work, trial and error and he now passes this information to us.

Buy this book, read it, follow it and IMPLEMENT the strategies he shows you.
on 18 May 2015
After the first few pages I knew this was going to be a good book. Very well written. Obviously by someone who knows his area of expertise. Easy to follow steps to create a worthwhile advertising strategy for your business. And made me think seriously about re-evaluating the way I market my product. Thank you.