on 23 March 2017
I bought this after a bit if a crisis with a terrible Sony Xperia mobile phone I had (thankfully no more) when the charging input port gave up the ghost after a mere two months use (amongst a whole heap of other disastrous problems) so this was crucial to allow me to charge the bleedin' thing until I could organise a new mobile.

This did the job perfectly - can't really say a great deal more about it than that.

Useful wee gadget - got me out of a tricky situation.
on 11 March 2017
After three days I had to use tape for the phone to charge...in the first days it was okay and as I slide the phone in it would connect with no issue and stay charging. On the third day the phone slided in but altough you could see it was in place it was not completely alligned with the charging points and as such it would not charge unless I was holding it a more straight position. The solution was to put some tape in order for the space to be smaller (phone slides in but its tighter now) so it stays aligned with the charging points. It also does not support data transfer while connected to the dock. I give it two stars
on 23 July 2017
While I understand the need for the covers over the charging points on the Sony phone I find them a nuisance. This docking station provides a great way to charge the phone without risking damaging the waterproof port covers.
on 20 January 2017
Re ordered Docking stand and it works this time, magnets not broken or misaligned. Adapter and dock not in plastic packaging when opening. Not sure if yet another returned item i recieved. Also the micro usb cable does not fully insert into stand. See how it holds up over the next few days.
on 15 April 2014
so it works a treat, matches the sony compact z1, and integrates so that when docked (at certain times) it charges, turns off the sound, activates the night clock etc.
however, for £25, no charger or cables included, it's far too expensive and the design is, so I'm told, limited to one model of phone.
So if you upgrade in 24 months to the next sony, it's not likely that this will get reused.
on 5 March 2017
Did not work with slim casing fitted, despite having three varying templates for the purpose. Returned
on 10 March 2017
I had high hopes with this product as my phone's charging port is giving many problems and phone is out of warranty. But it's not at all working. I have tried everything as per user manual and online forum suggestions. I am now returning the same day it arrived. It seems I need a new phone and not something that could cure my phones problems.
on 3 April 2017
Charges very fast. You do have to take the cover off your phone but I prefer that to fiddling with the little cover that has to be removed to charge by USB. A bit of a luxury though!
on 14 July 2017
all good, no problems, would buy from again
on 19 July 2017