on 28 March 2013
I really recommend Hugh's album Let Them Talk, but if this is your introduction to him, and maybe even to this style of blues, you may not be as taken with it as you would be with some of his other tracks. I'm not knocking this song, but it follows a fairly standard blues template and I'd bet money that some of you could stop the record quarter of the way in and predict the structure of the rest of it pretty accurately. It's not a criticism, just something you need to understand.

I actually like this track, and am looking forward to his upcoming new album, which I have pre-ordered the special edition of, but would recommend to anyone who was curious enough to download this free track that you also listen to some snippets from his first album and you'll get a better idea of the breadth and variation of blues songs that Hugh covers and covers so well.
on 12 April 2017
not what I wated
This track is typical Hugh Blues I love his style its a must have if you like Hugh Blues music style so go get it add it to your collection of music.
on 29 April 2013
Hugh Laurie's first album was full of excitement. Each track could have been a single. Unfortunatelt this free track does not tempt me to invest in his new offering. It's ok but not memorable. Sorry Hugh. I so wanted to be swept up in the blues with you.
on 23 April 2013
For all his polymathic talent, I still can't take Hugh Laurie seriously as a blues musician. I keep expecting him to burst into mouth trumpet and for Stephen Fry to round each song off with 'soupy twist!'.

I'm sad that Hugh's genius as a British comic actor seems to have been lost to more serious diversions in music and TV, both with a rather dubious American accent.
Here we are given a track from Hugh Laurie's new album Didn't It Rain. Of course we are once again back in the world of the Blues with Hugh giving us his best as usual, also there is harmonica playing on this (Blues always sounds better with a good old harmonica). A great track to listen to, and I am sure loads of us will be downloading this track, and then buying the new album. Also, just to remind fans, he is currently on tour in this country, and that the new album follows the Blues story out of the South, and through the rest of the country.
on 7 May 2013
I listened to Muddy Waters and Little Walter and then to this; musically competent but this white man can't sing the blues and someone should have a quiet word in his ear. I'm not an anglo-blues-phobic, jack bruce, paul rodgers and van can do it but if what hugh laurie is doing is blues its pretty shallow stuff. Who you might recommend this to? Someone who thinks Magic Sam is a support act for Paul Daniels?
on 21 May 2013
Good musician's but for me Hugh's voice is a little to affectatious.
I would have enjoyed it much more if he sang it in his real voice rather than an actors.
on 21 June 2013
So I play a fairly varied mix of songs in my car and I introduce plenty of new artists and music to friends when I give them a lift, but this song always makes them look at me askance. It's good (don't get me wrong, it really is brilliant) but it's not the sort of music I would normally listen to or be associated with in my friends minds.
Never had anyone ask to skip it... so they must agree...
on 3 April 2013
I have been toying with the idea of buying a Hugh Laurie CD of his jazz music and this free sample was just the ticket to get a feel of his output. It has passion and an individual interpretation of the piece that works well. I am not sure that his musical output is as good as his acting but it is easy to listen to and faithful to the genre..what more can one ask for?