on 9 December 2013
Really enjoyed the book. The historical aspect was very interesting as well as the 'witch' story line. It was well written and I am looking forward to reading another novel by this author.
on 31 March 2016
An engaging tale. At times hard to put down, but also moments of breathing space where you aren't rushing but have an opportunity to enjoy the lovely writing. The main characters are instantly likeable. There is loss but there is hope and love. It brings home the adage that you should not judge people (like books) by appearance. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
on 7 March 2014
I really couldn't put this book down. It's beautiful and honest and just loveable. The characters really take you away and make you feel like you are there with them. A lovely read, thouroughly enjoyable :)
on 25 July 2014
So boring. The good writing and descriptions attracted me when sampling this. But when trying to read it I got really bored with the stories theme of 'lets make our heroine suffer'. Now in a charity shop somwhere.
on 11 July 2014
This is an enjoyable read. well written and a good story. only reason it doesn't get that extra star is that it didn't blow me away. There was something familiar about it. But worth a read and a much better witch tale than The Line!
on 16 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I felt immediately drawn to the characters and couldn't wait to turn the pages to find what would happen next. There is a predictable air to it but that did not Mar my enjoyment.
on 25 November 2014
This book held me spellbound from beginning to end. A brilliant description of Tregaron and it's surroundings and the Welsh way of life. I am going to recommend this book to my book club. Da iawn Paula, llyfur gwych!😃
on 22 April 2014
I was given The Witch's Daughter as a mothers day present. I am an avid reader and so searched for the next book. I found it fascinating, poignant and fascinating with an interesting twist and some relief at the end. I cannot wait for the next one.
on 3 March 2016
The Winter Witch ensnared me in her web of a thrilling read. Would Morgana ever best the evil Isolda and win back her rightful place, becoming custodian of the blue well? There are elements of Wiccan and lots of Witchy, with heart felt dialogue and scenes of sadness. This wonderful tale has something for everyone. Through the authors excellent writing I was transported back in time, to a place in Wales, which I now long to visit.
on 21 May 2014
This story was amazing I could not put it down, her story also included the drovers, which was very interesting, plus the farm life and how it all worked. I would definitely recommend this book.